Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I Am Dying To Share! Whilst Needing Advice...

These are online clips that I love. LOVE! I can watch them over and over and over again. I must share in the obsession. 


Okay, now I need advice. Here is the situation:
It is common knowledge that our first born, Isaac, is not an eater. Never has been. 
However this past week or two has been to the extreme. For instance, yesterday he really only ate a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch, and nothing more the rest of the day. I can tell this is affecting him, for his energy level is low. But he will not eat anything. Every two hours I remind him that there is food available, but he turns to me and usually says, "Umm, no." And it is not that he wants candy or junk, because he turns that down too! I am thinking about doing some protein shakes with hidden goodness inside, but I am not sure he would take them. I am just getting a little worried because this morning he got out of bed, came into our room, crawled into bed with us and whimpered "I eat." I brought him some toast and offered cereal, but then he said "No, juice." What is going on?

6 comments:

Katie said...

Sam is the same way...sometimes it helps to use cookie cutters and cut out his food into fun shapes. Or if he "helps" me make his food and gets involved in preparation, he's more likely to eat it. I hope you guys are doing well!

Julie's Journal said...

Tricky. Anabelle prefers to only drink juice too. I make her this smoothie everyday and she LOVES it and I feel good knowing she gets a bunch of good stuff she would otherwise never eat. Here goes:

(Approx amounts, I never measure anything)

a cup of orange juice (I use the quality stuff that also has either pineapple or mango as well)
frozen blueberries
frozen raspberries
frozen carrots (the little crinkly kind)
FRESH spinach (cannot be frozen)
and a banana (if it is not really ripe it won't be good)

Blend it up and you would never ever know there's spinach and carrots in there. We all drink one everyday. Maybe that will help. We also do the cookie cutter thing and the helper thing. Have you seen the idea where you put a bunch of different snacks in each compartment of a muffin tin? Haven't tried it, only read about it. Good luck!

Julie

Caroline said...

I hate you are having this problem but it is great to hear that I am not the only one going through it. Here is John Evan's diet....mandarine oranges, yogurt, cheese, chicken nuggets and french fries from McDonalds and CHOCOLATE MILK. That is literally all he eats! But his problem is he asks for snacks and candy all the time. Ofcourse I do not give them to him all the time but he always asks for them. Or sometime he will not eat anything ALL day and just drink milk. It drives me crazy-I don't know what to do. He just turned 3 so I feel like he is getting to the age to beable to understand that he needs to eat. Anyway, good luck!

DeAnna said...

For my oldest we used Vanilla or plain Enfagrow powder mixed with milk...we called them milkshakes, which he actually quite enjoyed. Some kids just don't want to eat, I don't get it. It's food, it's tasty why the heck wouldn't you want to eat. Now both my children take a multi-vitamin for picky eaters and a vitamin C every day before bed, which I find really helps with their energy level & with their immune system. I also limit their juice intake to just Orange juice and not very often...they would just fill up on juice and refuse to eat. Good luck!

Lianne Barr said...

Hi Shannon, I am glad you found my blog so know i can catch up on what you guys are up to. Clara's a bit of a picky eater. Not quite as bad as Issac. I did try the shake thing, she ate those if they tasted good. i also got to where i found some food that she did like and fed her that more often. have you heard about Juice Plus from aunt lanette? I give it to my kids and it makes me feel better about what they are not eating.

I am glad you like my pictures. it is something that makes me happy and i enjoy. although i don't think that i'll ever take a lot of other people's pictures . . . makes me nervous. The nikon d80 looks like a great camera! I had a nikon D40 for several years, it was a great camera for me at the time. My photography teacher was a canon lover and converted me. So we bought the Canon T1i and love, love, love it. The 50mm is a wonderful portrait lens and good in low light situations, it is on my list. But i think that first i want a better telephoto lens than the 18-55mm that my camera came with. Anyway, you have some great images on your websites! (Sorry this is so long, I would have emailed but couldn't find your address.) Hope all is well.

Tonya said...

Definitely consult a pediatrician on this one. I think you have some great advice from your fellow readers though. Good luck!

And to answer your question from my blog, Emily was born April 12th.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...