This past weekend has not been that unusual.
Even though Matt was gone all of Friday, Saturday, Sunday
for his National Guard 1 weekend a month drill.
I took note during the days of some of the small and simple promptings that guided me.
Eli is laying on the couch and I feel that I should moved the ottoman over, to be next to Eli. I am gone for 5 seconds when I hear Eli crying. He has rolled of the couch onto the ottoman... instead of falling 2 1/5 feet, he only fell 4 inches.
Isaac has unrolled a whole roll of toilet paper into the toilet. Instead of yelling I explain to him when using the restroom he only needs a small amount. I get a garbage bag and start to pick out the toilet paper and Isaac says, "Sorry mommy." He now uses very little toilet paper.
The boys are driving me crazy, and I feel that I am about to explode with frustration. Recognizing this I sit down and read 2 Nephi chapters 9 and 10. Those chapters answer many questions I was having, and I become a calm and happy mommy once more.
Isaac and a friend were having trouble seeing eye to eye. I turn on some Beatles and start dancing. The dispute is forgotten and we dance our troubles away!
I have a few minutes to my self and I feel that I should call a friend whom I haven't talked to in a few months. Our conversation is only 10 to 15 minutes long. Little did I know how much I needed this and how I would be uplifted from this small talk.
Through an on-line store, there are some items that I want, Eli a coat and Isaac snow pants. Right before I click the purchase button I have a feeling that I should not go through with this, so I don't. Later that night we go to the location store, and I see those items... they are not even close to the quality I was hoping for.
I am also working on a BLOG dedicated to Eli's Heart Adventure.
All of the postings dealing with his condition on this blog can now also be found on this new one, along with pictures and more resources.
I am going to try and answer all the questions I had during all of the mayhem.
Congenital Heart Defects are more common than most people think. If you ever meet someone who has or is having a child with a CHD feel free to point them to this blog.
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing. I realize how much I need to look for those little things more often in my every day life.
First off, congrats on the potty trained toddler, really is the best thing ever! Your boys are so adorable and I loved reading your post. Especially the part about the scripture reading when you were about to pull your hair out. That is great advice!
Also, I keep forgetting to add your blog to out blog list and therefore don't check your blog as often, but don't you worry I'm going to do it right now! Glad you guys are doing well!
Thanks for the thoughts Shannon! I appreciate the reminder to listen to promptings during the crazy day alone with kids. And what a difference they can make.
I have a feeling whenever I become a mother I will need to look at this post to remember to listen to those small promptings! I enjoyed reading it & it reminded me how small, but significant those promptings are. Hope all is well!
Post a Comment