Sunday, March 25, 2012

Our 3 Year Home

The "request for orders" have come in. 
We have an almost for certain duty station assignment.
When the "orders" come in the next weekish, it'll all be set in military-grade stone.  

Ready for it? ... ... ... ... ... ...

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 

... ... ... ... ... ...

... ... ... 

Ft. Stewart, Savannah, Georgia

... ... ...

... ... ... ... ...

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 

Yurp. Back to the Dirty South... though this time the venue will be covered in Spanish Moss. 
Though I'm pretty crushed about not being stationed in Hawaii, here are things that I take comfort in:
- It's warm.
- It's near a beach.
- Friends and Matt's family have said that they'll visit. (And I'm gonna hold y'all to that!)
- Also it might be nice to be stationed in Hawaii when we have a higher pay grade. 

Duty Stations are typically 3 years.  During this time in Savannah we'll visit my family, play at the beach, tour the east coast, and try to eat healthier Southern foods. We'd love to go to Germany for our next assignment!

Other things of note:
It looks like Matt job will be with the 3rd Sustainment Brigade of the 3rd Infantry Division. Remember he's branched Adjutant General--meaning a human resource type job. We think that we'll be stationed there at the end of December... But again, everything will be set in stone when then "orders" come in.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Warm and beach sounds just great. I bet it's so nice to know. Congratulations! Germany and Hawaii will be great thing to look forward to.

Sha nay nay said...

I'm SO JEALOUS!!!! How wonderful to be in Savannah!!! You can go to Hilton Head Island easily too! Say hi to the Gator in the Moat at the Tybee Island Fort. If its the same one from when I was a kid, it'll hiss at you if you throw it grass. Or pretty much when you throw anything in it's general direction. I can't believe my parents let me that close to a gator....

Have so much fun!!!!! When do you move?

Anna said...

My home state! (What I claim as my home state anyway...) How fun, it's no Hawaii but you guys will be close to your folks and still have an ocean to play in. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...