Matt has graduated!
He received his Bachelor of Science in Construction Management
having a 3.6 cumulative GPA.
The Commencement Speaker was Elder Richard G. Scott...


...who, along with President Clark, also attended Matt's Convocation
of the College of Physical Science and Engineering held in the Taylor Chapel.
Matt gave the scripture at his Convocation,
he choose 1 Timothy 4:12-16



We greatly appreciated all of Elder Scott's remarks.
Elder Scott lost his first son to a Congenital Heart Defect--I believe the boy was only 2 or 3 years old.
He also lost a daughter who lived only a few minutes after birth.
Elder Scott's wife died in 1995 and he has not remarried.
I tell you this because his remarks were about being happy, and building a strong family environment.
"Smile. Everyone has problems, but nobody wants to know yours!" It was funny, and we got the point.




3 comments:
Congratulations!!! I bet you guys are SO EXCITED to have that over with now. I can't wait to hear when you get accepted into Officer training! Good luck!
Congratulations Shannon! Yes you, because Matt owes it to you! Your post gave me chills because i am just so proud of you and what a great example you are.
Now, congratulations to Matt for the great accomplishment. Its wonderful to move on to greater heights and i cant say it is any easier but hey, its progression!
Good luck with everything that follows and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Congratulations to you both! :)
Post a Comment