Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sandwiches On Parade!

Do you have a food that you just love? Brings comfort and joy? I do. Sandwiches. (Joey-from-FRIENDS and me are of one heart and mind on this subject.)

I love 'em. I could go to deli shops for the rest of my life, and be at peace. But alas, I don't.
So here are a few of my favorites from the home kitchen deli:

  • Peanut Butter and Banana
  • Peanut Butter and Dill Pickle
  • Plain Tuna and Cold Peas
  • Bacon, Turkey, Lettuce, Tomato, Monterey Jack Cheese, Dill Pickle

I'll have these most days for my lunch. YUM-O!
Oh, and my favorite part of Thanksgiving? Turkey sandwiches for days after. Turkey and a bit of Miracle Whip. Very YUM-O! (Also, I have found that a slice of bread and some butter curbs the evening hankering for French Fries.)

I'd love to have more sandwich ideas. Any out there that I should try?

5 comments:

Kristina said...

My brother likes peanut butter and onions, but I wouldn't recommend it. That last sandwich sounds super yummy. I'll have to try it out!

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

You're making me hungry! My favorite is a turkey sandwich on jalepeno cheddar bread with spicy mustard, mayo, pepperoni and cheese. If you're a spice lover, you'll go nuts!

Christi said...

Are you sure you aren't pregnant again? Those sound very strange! My favorite sandwich is ham and provolone on an everything bagel, but I put it under the broiler until the cheese melts and the bagel is toasted. Then I dip the sandwich in ranch and sometimes put lettuce and tomato on.

Dana Scarbrough said...

I'm with ChrisT on this one! You're crazy! I do love me some cashew chicken salad sandwiches on croissants - the ONLY time I have mayo on a sandwich cause it's mixed in-but also Christi style is delish- I'm a sucker for bagel sandwiches.

Ila said...

This week we had a great version of a grilled cheese that I have been craving ever since! Butter one side of 2 pieces of bread (this will be on the outside of the sandwich). Take some onions and saute with a tsp or so of sugar until soft and browning. Take abt. 3 tsp of dijon, 2 tsp. horseradish, 1 tsp honey and mix up. Spread on bread. Put onions, ham, and piece of provolone in bread. Grill until browned and crispy on the outside...warm and melted on the inside. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...