Wednesday, May 11, 2011

An Eye Burn?

Yup. An eye burn. To be more precise, a "too much sun in the eye" burn.

Boise has had some BEA-UTIFUL days, the last two days. I have tried to take as much advantage as possible. Result? Take a look:


Unsure what you are looking at? The sclera (white part of eye) is very inflamed, soft, and yellow.

To be sure, I freaked out! At this moment while taking the pictures I was ready to run to the ER. I had many thought, ranging from "I'M GOING TO LOSE MY EYE!" and "I HAVE EYE LEPROSY!" to "I THINK I'M HAVING A STROKE!"

But after researching a bit, and resting and NOT touching my eye for an hour, it mostly returned to normal.

Lesson learned, wear eye protection at all times.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

I don't know that I've heard of an eye burn. I guess you learn something new every day.

Annie said...

Yuck! Scarey looking!

Alex said...

That is just gross and weird and Alex wants to know why you were looking at the sun for so long! Only you Shannon, only you! -christi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...