Thursday, May 2, 2013

Being a Good Wife, Sending Packages

The packages that I send to Matt vary in content, and it can take 1 week to get there or up to 3 weeks (just depends upon the weather pattern in Afghanistan; choppers don't want to get in the sky when a server storm is present).  

I don't have to worry so much about sending food this time (compared to Iraq), since he's actually stationed at a place with consistent meals--but chocolate is always welcome!  He got the box of chocolate delivered when at his office, and the other men swarmed.  He willing gave up the OREOs and snuck the rest of the goodies back to his room, haha.  
The other package contained sheets and facial wipes.  All good, practical things.  


Matt got both these packages a day or two ago.  I had hoped that each would arrive before our anniversary, but at least they arrived, right?!  10 days late, oh well. 
He wrote me a poem of thanks.  It's hilarious, so I must share.  (Yup, the note I sent Matt had no mushy or gushy words, just "Wash your face.") 



A poem for you:
My sheets all tan and so grey
Makes life simple and delightfully gay
Sleep will easily find me and not cause perplex
Because my mind can relax and dream of  some hexagons
I love my new sheets and the package that came
Shannon the sender giving directions so plain
Unwritten was sleep, loving care, and some peace
But textually she wrote simply, "Wash your face"




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...