Friday, May 27, 2011

In Flight

Me and the three boys flew. We did. AND IT WASN'T TOO BAD! There were times which I thought it was going to get hard, really hard. But it never got to that point. Ears? Not bad. Naps? Eli and Titus were able to take them. Fighting? Hardly none. Compassion from others on board? Yes, I never felt judged. During our two hour layover we sat and watched the planes come in and out. The boys loved it! All in all, a good trip.

*Confession: I cried when we left Idaho. The reality of leaving Matt, and the place I have called home for the last 6.5 years, hit me hard when it was time to board. I love Matt, and I am going to miss him. A LOT! And there are some great things about Idaho that I will truly miss this summer.

We are now in Bama. Enjoying all the lovely green. I feel totally encompassd by it... It's soothing to the soul.

Isaac is going nuts with everything around, and everything to do. I feel like he is running around every minute of the day. I wonder when he is going to crash.

Eli and Titus love being here, but they have moments when the changes are a little too much.

We've been doing a lot the last few days, when things settle down and my parents's Wi-Fi is up and running, I'll post pictures. (Outdoor fun, family fun, Madison's graduation, etc.)

6 comments:

Kristina said...

I'm so glad you guys got there safely. I've been thinking a lot about you. You certainly are an inspiration!

Dana Scarbrough said...

Yay! I'm so glad the trip went well! Not seeing the hubby will be hard, and missing Idaho's summer when it gets around 100 there is a possibility for sure! Hope to see pictures soon. :)

Michelle said...

Shannon. Three kids, one long flight, with a two hour layover... I don't even know what to say. Maybe 'you're my hero' is a good place to start. I can't believe you survive the travel (and saying bye to Matt). You are a strong woman, mother, wife. I miss you! I need to call you and you should call me when things get rough and you just need to vent or cry. Maybe I should come visit for a few days. I'm going to go look at the cost of flights. (Assuming I'd be welcomed) Love you.

Kinley said...

Wow! Way to go! I have a hard time flying with 2 kids and Cory. Give your momma a big hug for me! Enjoy your summer!

ourbanksaccount said...

a.maz.ing woman! truly. i hope the next 2.5 months fly for you, i hate being without my husband. it isn't why we married them. we will be praying for you.

Nate said...

I'm glad you guys are enjoying Alabama. You're one tough cookie to be separated from Matt for the summer! I hope you guys can have a great time with your family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...