I've decided I need to start taking pictures of the home(s), all set up and in its(their) finest. This will 1) help me remember what the certain home looks like, 2) hone my photography skills, and 3) show a progression of taste and budget, and if there is a correlation between the two. (So this is an experiment, also, haha! But I seriously believe thrift store hopping will never leave my blood, and PotteryBarn will always be too expensive.)
First in this series is our current Boise Townhouse. Budget: Grad School Student Family Poor, which equals whatever is left from from student loans and plasma donations.
Here is our dinning room. The tree/birds and clocks are from Target, white table and bench from Wal-mart (online), wood chair from thrift store in Rexburg, and me and Matt made the catch-all area by the garage door.
Hardware for catch-all from a perviously owned piece, that I chopped up to get the hooks and label things. (I change my mind a lot... so it's important to not get too attached to things, Matt has learned. Poor guy!) Letter holder and grey holder from Target. We really enjoy have the catch-all area. Place for me and Matt to put books, and bills, and shoes, and bags.
The clocks in dinning room are each set to a different time zone. Hawaii, Idaho, and Eastern. Isaac and Eli like to look at all the colors, and have named each clock a different Transformer... Even the black tree is a Transformer (Ironhide). Titus has only knocked down a clock once, and for the most part none of the boys touch 'em.
And we continue to blessed that the white table and bench from Walmart is still in once piece after 3 moves, and fits perfectly in each home! (That's 4, in the last 3 years.) We really like the bench and table combination, though I'm not sure if it is coming with us on our next move... across the country, from Idaho, to South Carolina. I feel like our luck with the table and benches stability is running out!




4 comments:
I really, really like it! Especially the table. If I had the room in my house I would get one as well, but my house pretty darn small! Good job!
I am totally going to do a catch all area. The coats are KILLING me. So I was going to get a coat tree thingy, but this is easier, cuter, and cheaper. BTW, I totally have that same purse...F21 baby! I get sooo many compliments on it... I am sure you do as well! Plus, it is HUGE!
I love the catch-all area. And kill me now- you just said "not sure if it is coming with us on our next move... across the country, from Idaho, to South Carolina"! OHHHHH I so love hearing you talk about moving here as a reality! Hooray! I think this is a great idea to put the pictures on a blog- we have taken good pictures of two of our four living arrangements- and I need to store them somewhere as we start moving every three years too!
SOUTH CAROLINA!!! AWESOME! I haven't been keeping up on blogs lately, so I don't know when you found out, I knew you were waiting though. Congrats! I'd love to live in South Carolina. You can go to the beach! I love the beach in winter, there's never anyone there!
Good luck with your move! If you randomly stop through Houston, let us know!
Post a Comment