How long has it been since going to church didn't seem like an enormously hard chore?! Before Eli was born, back in April of 2009. Here's what happened after he was born:
- Eli is a heart baby, and between his first two surgeries (April of 2009, and August of 2009) we weren't supposed to take him to public places.
- No church for Eli, Matt and I took turns.
- During the winter of 2009 he wasn't supposed to be in public places because of possible respiratory infections/viruses.
- No church for Eli, Matt and I took turns.
- Titus was born (June of 2010) while Eli was just 14 months old, so we had two babies during church in Summer and Fall of 2010.
- Both Matt and I out in the halls with Eli and Titus during almost all 3 hours.
- During winter of 2010 Eli wasn't supposed to be in public places because of heart issues and possible respiratory infections/viruses... and that winter all the kids were sick a lot.
- No church for Eli and at least one other sick kid, Matt and I took turns.
- Spring, Summer, Fall of 2011 we have had crazy baby Titus running around and not wanting to sit through Sunday School.
- Either me or Matt out in the halls with Titus during the 3 hours.
- On top of all this all of our church times the past 3 years have been in the afternoon.
- Afternoon is prime napping time, so even on a good Sunday the two little boys were crazy and tired.
ALL THIS HAS CHANGED!
- Eli has had all of his surgeries, so we don't have to keep him from Nursery during the winter (oxygen saturation is now in the mid 90s, so he can deal with respiratory infections/viruses like a "normal" kid).
- Titus is now 18 months old and can go to Nursery (Sunday school for 18 month - 3 year olds).
- And Church time at the start of the year will be 9 o'clock!! HOORAY!!
Matt and I can even hold callings, and able to perform them well.
I'm the CTR 4 year olds Primary Teacher (Primary Sunday School).
Matt is has been called as an Elder's Quorum Teacher (Men's Sunday School).
Isaac is in CTR 4 class, but will be changing to the CTR 5 class at the start of the year. (CTR stands for Choose The Right.)
Eli is in Nursery, and will be during the whole next year.
Titus' first Sunday in Nursery was two days ago! Wow!
We took pictures of the boys before church Sunday, December 11th, 2011.
Here is their awesomeness and their cuteness, and before their hair cuts 4 days later... enjoy!
Here is their awesomeness and their cuteness, and before their hair cuts 4 days later... enjoy!






4 comments:
What handsome men! You guys had every excuse in the world to not go and still did. What great examples!
Cute Boys! So glad that things are have calmed down for you. We're kind of experiencing the same thing right now very temporarily.
How do Eli and Titus interact in Nursery so far? SOO glad you get to experience church how its supposed to be now! You're SUCH a great example to go when things are hard! I haven't even experienced church with two yet, but Caleb and I have missed a LOT over the past few years! Mostly I just let Phil have awesome demanding callings and I stay home if we're sick- hah! Hoping we can go back to church like normal soon!
Oh man, I am so happy for you! Little girls bring a different set of situations for us. . . but I understand how excited you are to get to work again!
Post a Comment