A Failure:
Sunday morning came, and I was feeling the baking itch. I wanted something yummy and healthy for the boys. I looked up this recipe, a chocolate bran muffin. While they were baking I could tell something was going terribly wrong. They were deflated, just like my heart... Though the two little boys didn't mind at all! (Isaac tried a bite, and said they tasted like the bran blueberry muffins that he hates, and refused to come near them again.)
A Success:
The past week I've just wanted something fresh and fun to eat. Anybody else getting tired of winter food? Actually, is anybody else sick and tired of the winter/fall like I am? I don't think I'm a grinch this season, but possibly I am. I'm just not ready for Christmas/winter to be here. Maybe when Matt finishes his finals (next Tuesday!), I'll be ready to bring out the Christmas decorations and wear long-sleeved shirts.
Anyway, about something fresh to eat: a spinach pomegranate salad!
Mine usually include: spinach, pomegranate, celery, cucumber, and sliced deli turkey.
No dressing, for the pomegranate takes care of that.
Mmm, mmm, I love pomegranate! I guess that's one up side to the winter, for that is when they are in season in the northern hemisphere. Anyway, we'll probably put up our tree today. Isaac has been asking and asking when it will happen, and I think Matt will be home for a few straight hours... One more semester to go!




1 comment:
That salad looks divine! I'll have to make it sometime. (And, I didn't even mean to rhyme!) :)
Post a Comment