Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Guys, St. V-day is Tomorrow

So hey.  Um, yeah.
I know I have lots to catch up on, which I will, but I have something to announce:
*ahem* I am preparing a Valentines Day for the boys.

Holy crap, what a big step, right?  It's not like I'm anti-Valentines, it's just I never think about it.  Typically I'm more excited about Black History Month, to be honest.  I mean, a whole month dedicated to learning history!  Wow!

It's kind of changed this year.  Probably because Matt's being deployed, which puts me in "over-prepare Shannon mode."  Maybe that's a good thing?  Maybe it's a bad thing?  Whatever it is about waiting for something big to happen (like a deployment or a heart surgery) I get anxious, shop a lot, and over prepare... I'm okay, I promise!  It's just what I do to cope!

So here I am at 11pm the night before V-day excitedly posting about what I've been doing about The Day of Love, my heart-beat up a bit.

I put up cheap Wal-Mart decorations a few days ago, and finished it off tonight.  Also the last few nights I've been doing special dinners, along with a heart themed dessert.  Oh snap!  We've had homemade lasagna, with heart jello;  some sweet potato and black bean burritos, with heart shaped homemade fudge brownies;  and tomorrow will probably be heart shaped pizza, with a red velvet cake.    




Gifts in the morning.  The boys picture by each one's present, so they know who's is who's.
Thanks Grammie and Gramps for sending the Star Wars themed Valentines!  Worked out great to go with our LEGO presents. 


Breakfast in the morning, ready to go:  Nutella, whipped cream, strawberry heart shaped French toast. 

All of Isaac's school Valentines ready to go.
Brown bags for the teacher and aid, filled with good chocolate and yummy homemade brownies--labeled "Brownie Points"

Free printable V-day mini cards, one for each of the boys' lunches

I cut up carrots to be hearts!  Thanks Christi for the great idea!

I'm sitting in the living room, looking over at my dinning room.  It looks peaceful.
I hope the boys enjoy it though!  And I hope they know that Matt and I truly do love them.


PS, I didn't get Matt anything... I hope he didn't get me anything...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shannon, you are so awesome! I love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...