Saturday, September 14, 2013

A "HOLY FUDGE!" Kind of Week

And "fudge" really means... well, you know.  Fudge ;)

I'm sitting in my blue stuffed chair completely beat.  Down to my core tired.  But I survived this week and I'm super excited for tomorrow's day of rest!

So get this:  We moved.  Yurp.  Moved.
In August I was going to do this awesome, super proud of myself, post about staying in a house longer than a year--since we've only ever done that once before, staying in a place of residence for 16 months! Wow!  (And we willingly do this to ourselves, so really we only have us to blame.)

Here's our deal in a nut-shell:  we try to make the smallest/most affordable place we can find work for our family.  Which would okay, except our family keeps growing!  And those small place no longer fit us.  And we start to go mad.  And then we house-hunt and get super "jelly" (aka jealous) towards other homes.  And then we move!

Which pretty much happened this go around.
1) I moved to this area a year ago into a small 3 bedroom home, one which was 1100 square feet,
2) I trick myself into believing that we can make it work and stay for a while, since we're saving so much money renting a non-expensive home,
3) I begin to realize the home doesn't work because I have 3 growing boys that need space and room to grow and play,
4) I try not to house-hunt and tell myself "I'm fine.  This is fine.  We'll be fine,"
5) I then just "happen" to be on a renting page and see some really awesome properties available,
6) I make an appointment to "just check it out,"
7) All I can think about is the toured property,
8) I decide we should.  And we do.

However with this one I signed a two year lease, so we are here for at least 2 years, or until the ARMY tells us otherwise.   BUT (!!!)  I really do love this new place.  It's like perfect in so many ways.  Even how the sun rises and goes down on it.  And there is a pool access 1 street down, and a play ground 1 street down, and good neighbors right next door, and sidewalks and slow driving vehicles.   Seriously, I feel like I can breathe.  The other place felt like I had to battle it everyday to make it work, which really wore on me and added so many stresses.


Anyway, I'll talk about this more later, but I have to sleep.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Can't wait to see it.
I hope you got LOTS of help.

Sarah said...

You're amazing. And crazy. And I love your moving method... or something like that. You make me smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...