Thursday, November 14, 2013

October Mid-Month Power Through

Like this tennis ball:  I suspended without chance of escape.
Like this laundry:  It never moved. 
Like this Superman: I felt stuck in some turbulence.

Some people say October went by fast.  Some people think different.  Opposite, as in slow.  Guess which camp I'm in?

Ugh, October.  The month before Matt is supposed to be home and time stands still.  I tried to do a few projects here and there, which helped a little.  Really there was nothing anyone could do.  It's just a fact for deployments:  the last month is the hardest month.  

I tried, though.  I tried to "juice," which lasted 2 days. 
I tried to get all these amazing pre-Christmas gifts together for family, which I did, but it took like 10 days instead of the 1.5 days it should have taken.  
I tried to get back into exercise (since the September move into the house I basically stopped moving), which lasted for 2 or 3 days.   

I think the last time I taught Relief Society (women's group in the LDS church), people could see the exhaustion and crazy.  A new friend said to me, "I'm going to take your boys, you are going to go to the temple."  And I was like, "Okay... "  Then she said, "I got this.  It will be fun."  So I went, and it was awesome.  And she even let me take a 2 hour nap before dropping the boys off to me.  Wow!   And that's what I needed.  A spiritual, emotional, physical vacation.  My batteries were recharged, and I made it to the end of the month!  Yes!  (Matt is still not home, but he will be in the month of November.) 

Optimus Prime was outside our door.  It was an amazing morning ;) 

Decorating Christmas gifts.  The boys loved the glitter glue!  Did not purchase enough of it. 

One evening I decided to rearrange everything.  Fun :/

Pretty Fall fruit. 






What got me off the "juicing veggies" was the Florida State game vs. Clemson.
Pretty much been difficult as hell to eat well since that game...
... It may just have to be a New Year resolutions.  Dang. 

Isaac lost a tooth.  This kid, I swear. 

Christmast packages finally done, and ready to be sent off!  Which they were!  Yay! 


Getting paint on his face literally happened behind my back in 2 seconds.
Crazy Titus Child!  

Good idea :  Dress the boys in their pjs for Isaac's soccer game, then throw them in bed as soon as we get home (with showers in the morn).
Idea compromised by the discovery of damp sand.  Thanks a lot, weather! 




There is a park next to our home that we like to go to.
It's quiet and fun things to play on.
And I can hang the boys on the fence by their underpants and not be judged!  Haha!
They actually were laughing the whole time.  Fun times.   

Isaac dressed like a rock star for Rock Star day at school. 

He tried mashed potatoes without crying!  And liked them!

Eli: I wanna play the tuba.
Me: You mean the French Horn.
Eli: Yeah, I want to play the tuba. 

Trying to exercise again.
I'm not the beast I used to be, but just take it 20 minutes at a time.
I'll lose the 10 pounds I've gained... Till then I'm wearing stretchy pants and maxi skirts. 


1 comment:

Helen said...

You are a wonder woman. You may not feel like it, but you are. Every one who knows you can see that. Plain as day. Hooray for Matt's return!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...