Sunday, June 29, 2014

Girl's Camp : Simon and Garfunkel is NOT Cool











A few weeks back when my parents took my boys for a week, I went to our church's Girls Camp.  A camp for all the girls ages 12 thru 18.  Yup, I VOLUNTEERED.  My current church assignment is to teach the Women's group, but I love being outdoors so I jumped at the chance to go to Girls Camp.


It was 4 days long.  Two days were spent on uninhabited barrier island, then the last two days were at a wooded camping area back on the main land.

The theme was "Survivor," with the young women being split into two teams.  Lots and lots of team building and character building obstacles.





















Our time on the island consisted of a lot of sand, walks on the beach, cooking over the fire, trying to escape the tide, watching out for alligators and sharks, and holding on for dear life when storms would come.

Our time on the main land consisted of fighting off bugs, taking a hike on a "marsh hammock", trying to sleep through bull frog croaks, going to a water park, late night camp fire talks, and oppressive heat.

Over all it was a lot of fun!  Even though the girls thought my music was "not cool"… Simon and Garfunkel, Ray Charles, etc.  Not their thing, I guess.  Neither is talking about fiber.  So I'm old.  Age 28 going on 68, haha!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...