Seriously. That's the way I look at it: SURVIVAL!
This was the first sports season which had every kid play. Wow, it was a lot of work to get everyone ready and on time to their games and practices.
But the boys really enjoyed it. Like, a lot. I guess we call that a success then, right?
Isaac scored one goal during the season, and his team didn't win a game. But in all honesty, his team was a hot mess. I think every kid besides Isaac had some form of ADD/ADHD. There wasn't much focus, which got on Isaac nerves. He's a very focused dude. Despite this, Isaac's soccer talent improved durning the season. He really flourished in defense, and towards the latter end of the season he started to really understand offense and taking control of the ball. Go U8 Pirates!
Eli was totally into each game. There was never any fear about being in the midst of the kicking chaos. We pretty much had to yell, "DON'T PUSH!!" every 2 minutes while he played. He got a little better at the end… a little. I think at one point he and another player from a different team got in a pushing match (Eli won!). Eli's focus and understanding of ball awareness improved immensely. In the beginning he was just running around not looking where the ball was--just wanted to in the pack of kids to kick and push. His ball handling skills and awareness slowly came. He even would take the control of the ball in a mass of kids. I don't know if he ever scored a goal during a game, but I know he did during scrimmage. Go U6 Tigers!
Titus. What to say about Titus? Not a lot. To give him some credit, he probably was the youngest of his team on the pitch. So I guess it makes sense he was the least focused and least involved on his team. The game to him was one big "pretend land." He would stand and do his karate moves. He would look around for money on the ground. He would play tag with his team mates while in the game with his team mates. Oh boy. But he loved it… Somehow he scored a goal on his last game. What?! I focused enough for one play to take the ball down and kick it in. That boy has athletic skill, I promise. Go U6 Puppy Ninjas!
The last night of soccer the coaches gave out little gifts and trophies.
And we didn't bring our camera. So enjoy the worst pictures in We Be Studly history!
No comments:
Post a Comment