Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mattman!

Matt is my wonderful husband. Matt is Isaac's, Eli's, and Titus' awesome dad. In short, Matt is our hero! Our Mattman!




We've been apart for 5 weeks, and we have another 5 weeks to go till we are together. However, Matt and I decided that it was worth a little bit of money to have a short visit from him. This wasn't in the original plan, but while reading a Nicholas Sparks book I decided it was time. We needed to see Matt, and he needed to see us. (I'm in Bama with the boys for the summer, he is in Boise taking more classes and has a military obligation for the month of July.)



For almost 5 days we had family time. Wednesday, June 29th thru Monday, July 4th.



When Matt flew in he and my mom had worked it out that she'd watch the boys for the night while Matt and I have a night on the town. What a wonderful surprise! We came back Thursday morning, then took the kids to the pool. They showed off their skills:





\




Friday we had a great time with the boys. We took them to the B'ham zoo (which was offering free passes that weekend to military persons and their dependents. YES!), then went to a fountain area to let them cool off from the heat, and for dinner we ate out at Chipotle. A really great time all in all.






Titus found a new best friend. This squirrel monkey loved him! The little guys put his hand up to Titus' and even tried to eat the granola bar through the glass. Really cute stuff, I tell you.











Saturday, Sunday, and Monday we spent more time together. And more pool time, of course. It was great to have that weekend, it should help the next 5 weeks not feel so long. Especially because Matt will not be able to communicate with us for 2 or 3 weeks during the month gone.



Matt leaves for Washington state this Friday... you'll do great, Babe. I just know it! Because your are Mattman, and that means you are awesome.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

That's awesome you guys got to see each other. I hope the next 5 weeks go by super fast!

Dana Scarbrough said...

That looks like such a fun weekend! I'm kinda stoked to finally get discounts like that- since they're mostly for active duty only! You look hot, and Titus looks so grown up!

Amy said...

I'm so glad you got to see each other!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...