Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Gone Mental

My brain has snapped, and I've lost my capacity to think and judge.
But Heavenly Father loves me and gently guides me when this inability to think/judge creates chaos in my life.

.........................

It's Friday afternoon, and I need to get things together for Isaac's Saturday birthday party. I take the 4runner to WinnCo, gather my items, pay for the items, and head to the truck. It is then I realize, as my arms are full with grocery bags, that my keys are gone. Totally and completely gone. Oh, I still have my key ring, just the keys are not on my key ring. That's right, my car keys fell off the key ring!

I sit on the curb, unsure of what to do. I call Matt, we talk about a plan of action, and I go inside the store to see if any keys have been returned. "Nope, none are here."

I walk around the store and retrace my steps. No keys.

I go outside, call Matt to come get me, the wait once more on the curb. I say a little prayer in my heart and feel that I need to walk back to the truck. I start to cross the meridian between the cars, and I have this little urge to look down...

... There are my keys. Laying in a pile of black rocks, two feet away from the truck, and in between my feet.

......................

It's Monday (yesterday) and I'm looking frantically for my wallet. I haven't been able to locate it all weekend. Nothing too unusual for me to misplace it for a few days, but still I'd like to know where it is. You know, driving with a license might be more legal than driving without one.

Matt joins the search. We look in all my bags, in both vehicles, and every cabinet draw we can think of. It is simply not around.

I think to myself, "I wouldn't have left it at Fred Meyer on Friday, right?" Just to be sure I call Fred Meyer, another local grocery store here in Boise.

Me, "Hey, is a wallet there in the lost and found?"
Fred Meyer phone person, "What does it look like?"
Me, "Big and black, from Shannon."
Fred Meyer phone person, "Yes, it's here."
Me, "Oh thank goodness!"

I then drive to Fred Meyer, license-less, and pick it up.

......................

Monday afternoon I decided that I have enough time to give plasma. There is hardly a line, and I'm in and out under an hour and a half.

On the way back to the car I realize the I don't know where my sunglasses are. I panic a little. These sunglasses were given to me by Matt for Mother's Day of this year, and are worth more than any sunglasses that I have ever owned--combined.

I compose myself, look thoroughly through my bag and van, and decide that they must have been left in the plasma center. I go back, ask if anything has been left, and told that no glasses have been found. I go home a little blue, pretty sure someone must have snatched them up for his/herself.

That evening, while the kids are in bed and I'm sitting on the couch reading, I feel around in my bag for my reading glasses. I feel them, but start to comprehend that I'm feeling not one set of glasses, but two sets of glasses. That's right, my sunglasses have been in my bag the whole time right under my nose.

....................

To sum up: I'm losing it.
Not only my mind, but everything I own.

I lost my keys and my wallet in the same day. And I totally looked over my sunglasses a few days later.

I hope Heavenly Father continues to look over me, cause I'm in a world of hurt if I'm in this life on my own.  

3 comments:

Annie said...

LOL! Welcome to my world. Bless your little heart. I always feel the Lord's tender mercies in my behalf when I know he cares about the little things in my life.

Dana Scarbrough said...

Could be age. BAHAHAHA! Or 3 small children? Or a husband in the military AND graduate school? Moving? Child's recent heart surgery? Rushing around a lot to be an awesome woman?!

Whatever the case, I'm glad the Lord is watching out for you too, but I think it will pass as life settles a bit. Also, Phil totally dropped his wallet in the middle of the parking lot at the store the other day, and then we went ACROSS town to the post office, and then realized and went back. Not in the store. DOh! He retraced his steps and saw it lying STILL!! in the middle of the parking lot. Hooray for small miracles!

Glad you found all the items...your mind will follow shortly I'm sure!

Anna said...

Oh gosh you sound like me. I normally don't lose stuff and even when I do, I'm pretty good at finding things. In one month I lost my wallet AND my birth certificate. I lost my b.c. when going in to apply for a new driver's license and I still can't find it. I really think my mind is going...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...