In other words, I felt like the boys were being seen pretty regularly. Maybe not the conventional sense, but still being seen. (Sorry Titus, Tylenol fixed all your alignments.)
So I made the call, set up the appointments, and we went. All three kids got shots. Poor things!
I know, I know, there are a lot of opinions out there about vaccines. And I don't want this post to be a forum for that "discussion," aka fight. I'm just going to say everyone has good points to either get vaccines or not, but for our family it makes sense to get them. We are going to be an Active Duty ARMY family, going to be living everywhere, and meeting people from all over the world. Who knows what we will come in contact with.
- Titus, since he hadn't been to the doc's office since 4 months old, got a few shots. Like 3. And they killed his legs. He couldn't walk the rest of the day. He truly was pitiful!
- Eli got two shots, and did just fine. Shoot, he'd just recovered from an open heart surgery! He can do anything.
- Isaac, wow... he got 6 shots! I didn't know what was going on till it was too late. Matt had come in the last half of the appointment and helped with Isaac, while I was with Eli. I will say this, if I had known it was going to be 6, I would have had them spread them out over the next month or two. He cried, was upset (who wouldn't be?), and was in a funk the rest of the day.
And here are their stats:
- Isaac (5 years of age):
- weight, 39 pounds... 25th to 50th percentile
- height, 44 inches... 50th to 75th percentile
- Eli (2 years and 6 months of age):
- weight, 32 pounds... 75th percentile
- height, 35.5 inches... 25th percentile
- Titus (16 months of age):
- weight, 23 pounds 5 ounces... 24th percentile
- height, 32 inches... 56th percentile
What do I take from all of this? We have pretty average kids. Nothing too extreme, and kind of what I thought everyone would be. Isaac long and lean, Eli short and pudgy, and Titus long and lean. It is funny to me that our heart baby is the heaviest, compared to his age group. Hot-dogs and cottage cheese, y'all. That's our secret to a chubby heart baby.
When is our next doctor's appointment? I'm not sure. But at least I got one in this year! Maybe when our insurance is free (through the military) I'll be better about these things... or maybe not?
No comments:
Post a Comment