Here are some ideas/thoughts that I have gathered through the years. Writing them down seems like they'll stick more better in my brain.
- I DO NOT WANT A BIG HOME.
- Too much to clean--for everybody.
- Though a large commons area would be great.
- If we stay with just 3 boys, I want a 3 to 4 bedroom home.
- Bedroom 1, for me and Matt.
- Bedroom 2 (or bonus room), to be a recording studio, where all the guitars and drums will go and sweet rocking music will be made.
- Bedroom 3/4, rotation rooms between the 3 boys.
- 2 boys will be in the "sharing bedroom" together for 6 months, then one will rotate to the single bedroom.
- The son that was in the single bedroom will then be go to the sharing bedroom with his other brother.
- Each will have multiple opportunities to share space with each sibling, and each will know what it is like to have his own space.
- I think we'll set the "moving dates" around the Vernal Equinox and Autumnal Equinox (first day of Spring and first day of Fall).
Our boys are so close together in age. I want them all to get along and have a relationship with each other. I found in my own home when me and a sister shared a room our relationship was in better terms. Also I think this will inspire learning and creativity on their part.
- Possibly at age 17 we'll set up a shared credit card between us and the son.
- Me and Matt will be in charge of the credit card.
- This will start a line of credit so that when the son goes into adulthood he'll have a line of good credit already established.
- When fresh into adulthood he'll not have to ask for our assistance with every major purchase (because of good credit--not because he has a credit card).
- And if he gets married young, like his parents, then I'm sure his wife will appreciate the sense of separation from parents on both sides.
- A shared closet between the boys is a must!
- Neither I nor anyone else, I'm sure, will be able to distinguish sizes and different owner-ship of clothes; one large shared closet will help keep the chaos down.
- If this closet can be in a larger sized laundry room, then I'd be in heaven.
- Allowance will be given, either weekly or biweekly.
- The set amount will be on the child's age (age 10 gets 10 dollars, etc.), and given if he performs his chores.
- No chore chart with "stars" will be made, just a list... I think.
- If he does the chores, then the allowance is give. If not, then no money.
- Though a monthly, or biweekly, or weekly (not sure yet) bonus will be made available!
- I'll hang a piece of famous art work, or shape of a country, or bust of a head, with no information around it.
- Every piece of information that the child finds about the art piece/country/bust of head equals something. Possibly money, possibly something else.
This concludes part 1 of an ongoing series.
What kind of cool ideas have you heard? What do you think of mine? Share, share, share! I really want to know.
1 comment:
I totally agree in the small house! I have a small house, only 1500 square feet, but I LOVE IT! The only things I would change, having a dining room and storage room. I guess I wouldn't mind a larger living room as well. :)
Post a Comment