Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Happy Halloween

This Halloween was a good one, and it truly was a "Happy Halloween." 

The boys have been in all sorts of costumes since Isaac's 5th birthday (in September), so I really didn't know what they wanted to be till the day of Halloween. To my surprise Isaac said:, "Iron Man," and Eli wanted to be "Spider Man." Titus looked to dang cute in his Spider Man, so he didn't have choice in the matter (it was between last year's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, and Spider Man.) We ended up with no Transformers on Halloween night! Can you believe it?! 

But we did have Transformers during Halloween day. In fact Bumble Bee and Optimus Prime were running around the house all morning. They took an ice cream break at 10:30am (ain't I an awesome mom?), and I thought Titus would be all about the ice cream but he only wanted to crawl and knock things over. 


I, Shannon, had no clue what to be for Halloween. While taking a shower, at 3:30 pm Halloween afternoon, decided on the Civil War. I threw some of our stuff together to transform into a Civil War solider dude. I actually really liked dressing up as a man, in uniform. I think as the years go by I'll be doing this costume more and more, with greater and better detail. I'll try to blur the lines between North and South, but one day I will probably have to choose a side. But for now, I like the Blue and Grey mix.


Matt didn't know that he was supposed to dress up for Halloween. HELLO! It's Halloween! I told him to throw on one of his uniforms. He decided on this Iraq campaign gear, and loved wearing it again. "Brings back memories of no responsibility!" He was talking about the rank of "specialist," but just for a second I thought he was talking about us (me and the boys). He clarified, saying that a "specialist" has just enough responsibility to bring respect (over a private) but not enough responsibility to overwhelm, and you know, be responsible for anything major. 


Here we are! Soldiers from way in the past (150 years ago), and from just a bit in the past (6 years ago). We look dashing, don't we?


And here's the whole gang:

Our pumpkin was carved by me, yours truly. Isaac insisted on it being a happy pumpkin with triangle eyes. Once again, Isaac was disgusted with the smell and look of the pumpkin's insides. He ran, eyes watering, gaging into he hand, back into the house as soon I lifted to stem. Eli didn't have a revolted reaction, but followed Isaac's lead, saying "Ew, yucky! Ew, yucky!" Titus grabbed uncooked pumpkin seeds out of the "guts" and plopped them in his mouth.
The past 5 days we've been using the pumpkin as a night light. (I go in their room at 10pm and blow the candle out.)



On Halloween night we were invited to 3 things. Three! I was a little overwhelmed by it all and decided that we should just go to one. So we skipped out on out apartment complex's Halloween party, didn't go to the ward (church) Trunk or Treat, and went straight to Matt's Aunt and Uncle's home on the other side of Boise (What's up Tim and Kara?!). They live in the great neighborhood, and Trick or Treating was very successful. They also turned their downstairs/basement/garage into a Hunted House, which was fun for me and Matt to go through. Isaac wouldn't go near it with a ten-foot poll, and was somewhat nervous about all the screaming noises coming from below. But no worries, he had a good Halloween. We all did. It was a Happy Halloween. 

Oh, and here's Matt getting the boys ready for bed after all the Halloween fun. They slept well that night. Thank goodness!


3 comments:

Dana Scarbrough said...

All of your costumes rock. Glad you chose the right activity!!

Nate said...

Super fun costumes guys! I also love the stencil that you have on your wall in your kitchen. I have been wanting to do that. You should sign up for pinterest.com. You may become addicted if you haven't already done it.

Alex said...

Love your costume Shannon, it made me laugh a lot! Alex and I were pigs in a blanket...easy, cheap, and creative...that's what I like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...