I'm so tired.
Have been all week, and all last week.
Matt is so tired.
Has been all week, and all last week.
Ugh. I hate sickness season. Totally takes it out of you... for weeks, it seems.
Two weeks ago Matt came home with a bum knee. He's not sure how he got it, but it was a wreck. Couldn't walk too much, couldn't run at all. He iced it every night, took ibuprofen often, and by day 4 his knee was a bit better but his stomach started to ache.
Monday, February 6th, 2012 is actually when his started to ache. Like an all day pain.
Monday, February 6th, 2012 I went to bed with a cough.
Tuesday, February 7th, 2012 Matt wakes up lots better.
Tuesday, February 7th, 2012 I wake up and feel like death... with a cough.
So that's how our week started. Matt on the mend, and me with my health on a steep hill downward.
I functioned okay on Tuesday and Wednesday...
... But on Thursday, February 9th, 2012 I completely fell apart. I had spent the previous night on the couch, unable to sleep with my coughing. Honestly I don't remember much of that week. Let's just say, it was awful. And Matt totally stepped up. He took time off from school and stayed home with me and the boys all day on Thursday and Friday.
And what was I dealing with? I have no idea. Coughing, mucus, fever, body aches. It was horrid. And I slept on the cough most nights with a humidifier beside me, Vics vapor rub on the chest, and all sorts of coughing medicine.
Friday, February 10th, 2012 I started to feel just a bit better.
Saturday, February 11th, 2012 Matt had ARMY National Guard drill an hour away. He got up at 5:30am and left just before 6am. I had the kids, and I was a little scared, but guess what?! Matt's grandparents came over and took the boys for 4 hours. I got rest, and felt so much better when the boys were dropped off.
Matt's grandparents rock. For sure! It must be that Canadian blood they have going on. The coolest and nicest people EVER.
On Sunday I felt good enough to go to church and teach the 4 year old class. The boys did well, and we had (I think) a good afternoon. Matt came home around 6pm from drill.
Yeah, so this week we just can't seem to get our feet underneath us. It's always that way after a drill weekend, but on top of the crazy sickness it just seems even more.
I haven't ran or exercised in almost 2 weeks. Ugh.
Matt has a weekend class this weekend. Awesome.
But I think me and Matt are going to be able to go on a date! Thanks, Matt's parents! (It's that Canadian blood, I tell you.)
Oh, and the boys are great. Playing, laughing, eating chocolates together. There are definitely been some Valentine's Day love going on between them. If Titus didn't do things like pull a dozen eggs from the counter top onto the floor (which all smash open), then I think things would seem a lot smoother... but that little dude is crazy. Hopefully just a few more months of baby-crazy then he'll mellow out a bit. I hope.
And how about that Jeremy Lin guy from the New York Knicks?! He's pretty great. I'm totally a fan.
1 comment:
Oh, I get it. I promise I get it. ;) Sounds like our life right now! With awesome busyness thrown in too! Titus is awesome.
Post a Comment