Sunday, February 19, 2012

Isaac's First Primary Talk

Isaac gave a talk in Primary today! And that, y'all, is a big deal. 
He's a been a pretty shy guy in his past, and because of his speech, hasn't liked to talk in public AT ALL. No prayers, no scriptures, nothing. But since being in preschool the last year and half he's been doing a lot better.

Today he did really well. Got kind of quiet when repeating what I was saying in his ear, but he put forth a good effort.

Him and I wrote the talk Saturday afternoon. At first he really didn't want to do, but towards the end got really into it. Even wondering if he could have signs! 
So, here is his talk:


Hi, I'm Isaac Dudley.
I am 5.
I have 2 little brothers.

It's important for me to choose the right.
CTR helps me remember to choose the right. (He holds up sign CTR sign with a smiley face.)

Right things I choose are:
clean up my room
help my brothers
I play with my brothers
eating good food

Choosing the right helps me to be happy.
Heavenly Father is happy when I choose the right.

I don't want to be bad and choose the wrong.
Choosing the wrong would make me not happy. CTW is not good. (He holds up a sign with CTW and a sad face.)

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

3 comments:

Christi said...

That's an awesome talk! I love the idea of using props... I am so using that next time Nathan gives a talk. Nathan has had the opportunity 3 times. The first time he didn't want to, the second time he did great (he told a story out of his book of mormon stories book), and the third time-today-he didn't want to. I guess he is hit or miss....but anyway....go Isaac!

Anna said...

Aww, good for him!

Dana Scarbrough said...

yay for Isaac! Caleb is supposed to give the prayer next Sunday- he'll probably be crying in the hall! He still believes primary is evil except for his class. Why?????

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...