Oh yes, in a house hold of boys there really is never a dull moment. And when there is a dull moment my "mommy sense" starts to tingle and let me know that something big is about to happen.
Like yesterday early evening.
Me and the boys are talking to my parents on Skype in the living room. Isaac is bouncing off the walls because he is full of sugar from the homemade oreos that I made the boys eat while the visiting teachers came over (hoping the homemade oreos would keep them distracted, and give us some quiet. And it worked, mostly.).
During one bouncing run Isaac comes up screaming. I tell my parents, "Oh, hold on," then go over to a very upset Isaac on the ground.
He screams, "My chin!"
I look, instantly terrified at what I'm seeing--a wide deep cut, blood, skin. I think, He's gonna need stitches! Then yell at my parents on the computer, "I gotta call Matt!"
I call Matt, tell him to "come home right now!" (He's studying at the apartment complex club house.)
I pinch Isaac's chin together, have him walk with me to the kitchen, grab a paper towel, then use the paper towel to again pinch his chin together.
Blood is oozing out, and the skin around the gash looks purple. I still think, He's gonna need stitches! But I don't want to freak the crying Isaac out even more, so I tell him that we should say a prayer to Heavenly Father and ask Him to help us be strong. We say the prayer, and Isaac settles down.
Matt comes home and evaluates the situation. He determines that we could probably super-glue the skin together, and starts to go around the house to gather the necessary equipment to "super-glue a busted open chin."
I still talk to my parents while pinching Isaac chin. Isaac has stopped crying, but is still a little scared.
Matt comes back to us with rubbing alcohol, super glue, very clean hands, and a disinfected paper cup.
Matt wipes Isaac's chin down with the rubbing alcohol, Isaac screams, starts to cry again, and is just a little terrified about the situation. But slowly, and with some very accurate military moves, Matt is able to safely glue Isaac's chin together.
We are all a relived! And Isaac sits and talks to his Grammie and Gramps who had watched the whole situation from their home in Bama.
Isaac says he hit his chin on the side of the couch. I have no idea how that happened, but it did.
And that chin of his sure is glued shut! No blood from the deep gash all last night, nor any today. Hopefully his chinny-chin-chinn stays together, and lovely.







3 comments:
What would mothers do without super glue?
What a man you have there! Good job Matt! And good job Isaac for being so brave! Your poor mother was probably dying watching and not being able to help!
I have never in my entire life heard of super glueing a chin together
Post a Comment