Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Military Ball, ROTC Style!

We had another one!  And it's our last... as a cadet anyway.  It'd be sa-weet if someday Matt got to be a Professor of Military Science at some ROTC program.  (TEXAS A&M!! Just saying'...)

Okay, here's the scoop: Matt was in charge.  Like a lot of it.  He was stressed.  And I was stressed because I was putting myself together for a fancy event for the first time in my life.  Oh, and that day we were told that we'd be sitting up on the main table/stage.  Joy?  Yeah, I didn't feel that.  Also, before the seating Matt was the guy that introduced all the cadets and guests to the main peeps in the formal line.  Like the Major, and the guest speaker Colonel dude.  (I don't think I should blog when I'm tired. My no use fancy words and stuff.)

Highlights:
- Matt was the m.c. of the ball.
- I wore fancy shoes and didn't fall.
- The food was good.
- Entertainment from the non alcoholic "grog bowl," which we gratefully didn't have to drink.
- Sitting at the head table wasn't too bad.
- The Master Sgt. sat beside me and we talked of all sorts of stuff. But we think he saw Ewan McGregor during the filming of Long Way Round! (It's a fav show. Check it out from the library, it won't disappoint.)

Oh, and the key note speaker was totally crazy.  He hit Matt on the shoulder during the speech.  Twice.  It was an animated/politically driven/fear frenzied talk.  So if you're ever in charge of a Military Ball remember that you can't control the speaker, and if you ever speak at a Military Ball which has boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses/kids... just know your audience, k?

My awesome representation of the Ball's layout.
We didn't sit at the circle fruit cup tables.
We sat on the long dinosaur table, dressed as Rolos, beside the Jell-O podium.

Enjoy our bajillion photos: 




                             











3 comments:

Dana Scarbrough said...

So this is pretty much THE FUNNIEST model of a party I have ever seen!!!!!!

On another note, what the junk speaker man?

And, I have no idea what grog bowl means.

The end.

Anna said...

Seriously I need to know where you got your dress. You look amazing in it and I need ideas for a nice formal dress for (crossing fingers) a cruise coming up for my friend's wedding. Red looks really good on you!

Melissa said...

YOU.ARE.HOT.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...