11:15pm I go to bed later than I had hoped.
I know I need rest, because my mothery-senses are tingling: *Titus' sleep is going to be off tonight*
12:45am Titus tries to join me in bed. I pick up the half a sleep 2 year old, and lay him back down in his bed (not without a failed attempt to let him sleep with me).
5:20am Titus tries to join me in bed. I pick up the pretty alert 2 year old, and lay him back down in his bed making I tell him that it is still bedtime.
5:55am Titus implores of me a drink. I tell him to go back to bed, I get him a milk cup, meet him in his room, change is diaper, tuck him in, and give him his drink.
7:20 am I hear sounds of light plastics being pushed around. I think Titus is up, getting into drawers in the kitchen. "Titus," I say, "what are you doing?" I get no answer.
I drag myself out of bed, stumble out of the room, look to the kitchen, and Titus isn't there.
It is Isaac, the only one awake in the house, sitting on top of the dinning room table, digging through a huge bin of LEGOs, and creating his master pieces.
.......
Most of Isaac thoughts revolve around LEGO building. This almost 6 year old--who found his first loose tooth yesterday, is starting Kindergarten in a week and a bit, and daring on the trailer bike--loves to build with LEGOs. It is his world, and he is always innovating and creating. If LEGOs are not in his hands, he is thinking about them, and getting inspiration from all things around him.
LEGOs are his world.
And I'm glad he is in mine.
1 comment:
Seriously, I have no idea how you go to bed early or wake up early! I have NOT figured that out- OBVIOUSLY! Um, for some strange reason, I am the most unhinged about my babies losing their teeth- maybe because of all the hard work and excitement it took to get them there in the first place?! I dunno, I just know it freaks me out and I'm glad Caleb isnt there yet! Kindergarten- whohoo!
Post a Comment