"I didn't know what I was doing, especially to Eli's emotions. I sang the 'Happy Birthday to You' song to him and after I finished Eli asked, 'Now cake!'"
Mommy Shannon had a few pieces of Isaac's birthday cake still frozen in the freezer, she brought a piece out, and let the two little boys eat it.
"After that, it just started getting worse. Eli kept insisting that it was his birthday, kept looking at LEGO inserts trying to figure out which toy he should get... I don't know what to do now."
Indeed, according to the sources, Eli has already picked out the red Ninjago motorcycle and believes that anytime they go to the store it is to make his birthday purchase.
"Today in the car I tell them we are going to the store to pick up eggs. Eli says, 'Store? Sure!' and then a few minutes later, 'Um, LEGOs?' I answer, 'Yes, we have LEGOs at home.' Eli was completely distraught when we arrived at the store and he realized we weren't getting him a toy."
Mommy Shannon is unsure to how to proceed from here. Everyday the red Ninjago motorcycle is brought up by Eli, and everyday Mommy Shannon has to remind Eli (3 years) that is not his birthday and maybe he can that for Christmas.
Will Eli ever come to terms that it is not his birthday, and that Mommy Shannon sang that song just for fun? Will Mommy Shannon come to grips that her 3 year old son already has his heart set on a toy, and that she may need to plan for Christmas 2 months in advance?
Only time will tell if these and other mysteries get solved.
![]() |
| Eli (3 yrs) finishes cake. |
Eli looks through LEOG inserts, doesn't want Titus to interfere in his birthday shopping:






No comments:
Post a Comment