Friday, October 5, 2012

The Boys as Animals, I Imagine

I do this a lot.
I see people, myself, and close friends and family as animals.

Sometimes the imagery changes.  For instance: when I was in 9th grade I thought I was comparable to a brown puppy dog and the guy I liked was like an orange cat.   I now think of myself as a middle sized wild cat--but brown, since I have brown hair.   Personality change had a lot to do with this switch.  I'm calmer, fiercer, but still a little spunky.  (9th grade Shannon was a happy, crazy child.)

I've never assigned Matt an animal, I think it's probably because he's so dang good looking; I mean, why give him something so earthly as an animal when he's clearly a Greek god!  (I'm serious.  Have you looked into his eyes?  Yup, the universe stands still.)


And though I think my children are all very handsome, I've still given them an animal likeness.
It has a lot to do with the way each one looks.  Hair texture and color, eye shape, head shape, body build.


Isaac:  Red Panda 





















  • Isaac has fuzzy-stick-straight up hair!  With lots of volume. 
  • He also has a square face, a little wide too. 
  • I don't see Isaac as a primate, and I don't see him a real bear either.  So I think the Red Panda is a great fit.  
  • Though the only thing is: Isaac is long and skinny.  The Red Panda is a bit fluffy, but doesn't really have the heavy body mass of other animals.   I think it works!


Eli:  Grizzly Bear Cub















  • Oh my, I love this match up!  Eli really is a bear cub to me.  Large head, small body. 
  • There is nothing I love more than Eli holding on to me with his whole body and screaming, usually naked.  He is furry all over, he has a stocky build, and his hair is soft and bristly at the same time!   



Titus: White Faced Monkey
















  • Titus is such a little monkey!  He's always had a primate face to me: facial features on the lower part of his face, beady eyes, and a narrow face.  
  • His body type is long and small.  So when he holds on to me screaming I can just imagine a little baby monkey doing the same thing to his/her mother.  
  • And shall we mention the hair?!  White and furry. 




Next animal comparison:  
If our kids were sharks, which ones would they be most like?





1 comment:

Matt - your "Greek god" husband said...

Oh my this is hilarious! I can totally see each of these animals in our boys. So funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...