I know, it's weird. But it's true. I really don't like the season fall. I actually got really mad about it the other day and was in a big bad mood!
I can try to explain, but I still don't think people get it.
I just don't like how I KNOW it will get cold for months, and everything will turn brown, and everything dies. It's stupid. I KNOW the heat in the south is oppressive, but I feel like I can do so much more with the boys during the spring and summer than the fall and winter.
So there it is. I hates autumn.
I've been trying to be in a better mood about it, and since the weather hasn't been so hot we've been doing a lot of bike riding and walks. I've also picked up running again.
And who doesn't love restocking her pantry with baking goods? I've been trying perfect my pie making abilities. I've tried a few different crust recipes and ideas. Most have failed, so I am really grateful for my mother-in-law's "no fail pie crust". It truly is! Yay!
Deanne's Never Fail Pie Crust
One 8or9in pie crust
1/3 cup +1T crisco
1 cup flour
1/2t salt
3T cold water
Preheat oven 475
Blend crisco, flour, salt together with pie blender till crumbly. Add 3T of cold water. Roll out in-between two sheets of parchment paper.
Before baking fork sides and bottom of pie crust so it will not shrink.
Bake for 8-10 min.
for two 8or9in pie crust, double each above ingredient expect for cold water. Increase the water amount to 5T cold water.
No comments:
Post a Comment