My parents are in B'ham, my sister and her fam are at Auburn, my mom's whole side of the family is in FL, and now Matt's sister and her family are in NC! Again, say, "Wha...??" I mean, this never. happens. And I seriously doubt it will ever happen again. (Sorry family.)
Since we hadn't been to visit Matt's sister, Marcie, in their new home, we decided (and they happily agreed) to go to NC for Thanksgiving. It was so much fun! Our boys and their boy had a great time together. Seriously, cousin time has to be the best thing in the world.
+ really good food
+ really enjoyable company
+ really neat and quick road trips
I had brought some foods for the feast, but Marcie and Tyson are pros at cooking Thanksgiving. (Has to be one of the top 3 turkeys I've ever had.) I guess they have been doing Thanksgiving by themselves for over 5+ years straight.
After the Day of Thanks, we were able to have shopping trips around their town, able to go and visit Duke University only an hour-ish away, and even us adults were able to go on a fun double date. Saweet stuff.
OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And not to mention visiting Pre-Revoltionary sites. Yay! Really lots of fun. A battle happened between some unhappy settlers and the British Royal NC Governor. Could be considered the first battle of the Revolution... but... not really. So the boys and us adults frolicked around the field, checking out positions, reading old statues, and taking a nature walk through the woods.
North Carolina. You rock. And now that you have the residence of Marcie, Tyson, and Jaxson, you rock even more!
No comments:
Post a Comment