Everyday Eli asks if it is Christmas, and if he can open up some presents after school. Every. Day. That boy. Sometimes I wonder if he really can't understand time, if he's really that forgetful, or if he just wants us to crack and say "yes". Maybe all three?
One thing he was looking forward to A LOT--and I mean, A LOT--was his class Christmas Party. 30 times a day he'd ask Matt if he was coming to his class party. Each time getting a big, "Yes!"
And when he day came that he had his party, and Matt and I showed up, Eli was the happiest he could be! So happy. (Apparently I don't matter, haha!)
Isaac had his Christmas Party, and Matt was able to attend that one as well. (I had to stay home with Titus). Isaac said it was really fun! Played "Grinch Games," decorated a cupcake, and ate lots of yummy food. Sounds awesome.
Titus didn't get a class party for us to attend, but he came home with a ton of treats. I mean, SO MANY treats. He was in sugar-high-heaven.
Each of the boys also had a "Polar Express". This day they all wore their PJs to school (nice PJs) and had hot chocolate and were able to watch a bit of the Polar Express movie. Sounds pretty fantastic! They thought so, too.
Oh, and Santa came down our street on a Fire Truck Wednesday night. Titus was convinced it was the real Santa, but Isaac wasn't convinced.... It like woke up the whole neighborhood! Lights! Sirens! Kids running down the street, including our own! Matt had put the two littles to bed already, and I was on my way home from with Isaac from Cub Scouts. But we all piled into the car and chased the Fire Truck down! Sweet candy canes, man.
But one of the best things that has kept them sane before Christmas break is the friendship they are each forming with our neighbors. You'd think that living in townhouses would equate to a million friends, but that hasn't really happened. But thankfully there are a few groups of kids that seem to play well with each other, and the boys play well with them.
Lately, every non-busy afternoon, we've opened our garage and all the kids come and play with some of our goodies! Guns and scouters and basketball and mini-trampoline. All hits. It's been a lot of fun!
Oh, plus the boys got a surprise present from their Uncle Chase. Sweet new guns.
That really helps the boys keep their sanity! Yay!
OH, and remember that one time when I said we were keeping our sanity despite the fact that Christmas is just days away. Well.... I might have lied. Or spoke too soon. Because while I was composing this blog post, look what Matt and the boys started doing:
Flying down the stairs on flattened cardboard boxes! WHAT IN THE WORLD. So I took pictures, of course. It's really hard to talk Matt and the boys out of the something fun, when they're in the processes of having fun.
(Don't worry, grandparents, I'm sure your grandsons will survive to adulthood.)




































































No comments:
Post a Comment