Isaac: "Mommy, Emp Emp Juice!'
Shannon: "What? What do you need?"
Isaac: "emp emp juice..."
Shannon: "You mean Lemonade?"
Isaac: "Oh yeah, mommy. Oh YEAH!"
This past week we have seen an improvement in Isaac trying to say more words. However this also mean I have to be on my "A Game" in Isaac Translation. I must be very observant about his day and the new things that he encounters.
Isaac: "Mommy, I wha der bie too."
Shannon: "You want to watch dirk bike shows?"
Isaac: "Yeah, der bie to yows."
Shannon: "Dirk bikes and cars?"
Isaac: "Oh yeah. Der bie, yow towe."
Isaac is a smart boy. When given the alphabet on a piece of paper he can pick out the letters that are asked. He understands numbers and colors. He is wonderfully imaginative and loves to play. It is just talking that has always been the problem. It is frustrating to him and us. There are moments in which he is trying his hardest for us to understand what he needs, but we don't get it. It has been a painful processes to get one or two words, a month at a time, into his vocabulary. But this week the flood gates have opened, and he is saying more and more!
Isaac is also starting to be more attentive to Eli. He wants Eli to see what he sees, wants Eli to play what he plays, and wants Eli to feel what he feels. It has been really fun to see the interaction, and I am starting to really excited about Christmas!




4 comments:
That is too cute. I can't imagine the frustration, though. Lately, I will ask El what she needs and she will just say, "okay!" I'm like, OKAY, what? Good luck playing translator.
Isn't that so fun...when you get to really see them grow and progress? Kate has been getting a lot better at talking the past few months too. She amazes me with the things she notices and remembers! I have to pay close attention to our day as well, so that I recognize what she is saying!
That is great. I am excited to hear Carter say some words. It is so frustrating when he cries and I have no idea what he wants. I love the first pic. What a happy kid!
Hooray! He's making progress. You are so wonderful at being patient and taking time to understand what he's saying. Jonny wore his J cape the other day and it make me miss you guys. Occasionally Jonny still will make a comment about "I-ac". Hope all is well!
Post a Comment