Friday, September 10, 2010

Isaac Stories: Year 3 In Review

Isaac boy. You make me smile, make me cry, make crazy, and make me so happy. I guess this is what motherhood is all about. Please know that I love you. It's been so hard for me to become a mother, but hopefully you are not too scared from my immaturity. Your father loves you so much... so much! He was so happy for you to come into our family. You guys are best of buds, and two peas in a pod! You are picky with food, he is picky with food. You don't like to leave your comfort zone and neither does he. You hate stuff on your hands, and so does he. Seriously, two peas in a pod. 

Well you are close to turning 4 so it is time to close your "Isaac Stories," and on to a new chapter. This time we will call it "Our Kids and Their Stories," because Eli and Titus have things to "say" too!  

Isaac, here are your stories from your 3rd year. You silly, lovable boy! Cannot wait to see what your 4th year will bring. 

We are on our way to Isaac's first day of preschool. 
Isaac asks, "Are there lots of preschools?"
Me, "Well what do you mean?"
Isaac, "My preschool, Daddy's preschool."
Me, "Daddy goes to Boise State, it is a really big school!"
Isaac, "Oh, I didn't know that! I didn't know Boise State had preschool!"
September 2010

It is 1 o'clock in the morning and Isaac has woken up sick, sick, sick! His head is over the toilet and he is emptying his stomach hard core. Matt is in the bathroom with him, rubbing his back. Isaac looks up in the middle of throwing up and says, very positively, "There lots of awesome pink stuff coming out my mouth!"  
August 2010

I am trying to get Isaac dressed for the day. But he wants to spin and jump around. I say, "Isaac, come here!" He replies in a deep voice, while jumping to me, "I need to spit in my bathroom!"
August 2010

Me, "Isaac am I a girl like Grammie and Nana?"
Isaac, "No."
Me, "Yes I am. You are a boy and I am a girl."
Isaac, "No, you're a mommy!"
Me, "Okay, but is Daddy a boy like you?"
Isaac, "No, he's a dude!"
August 2010

I'm showing the boys a picture of Christ being baptized in the river Jordan. I explain, "And Jesus was baptized in this river by John the Baptist--"
Isaac, "There some Great White Sharks, Whale Sharks, Thresher Sharks, and MAYBE some Mako Sharks swimming in there!" 
August 2010

Me, "You know when you eat things and they go in your tummy, they come out your bum as poop."
Isaac, "And diarrhea too." 
August 2010

Isaac, "Mom when I get bigger I will be like you! And my head be big like yours!"
August 2010

Isaac, "Daddy can you fix my wife [knife]?"
Matt, "It's knife. Can you say the 'nnnn' sound?"
Isaac, "No, I just can't say 'nnnn.'"
July 2010

Isaac is watching me nurse Titus. A confused look: "Mom he chewing on you?"
June 2010

Isaac to Matt, "Titus eat milk, be strong, so you can beat him up?!" 
June 2010

I am singing a tune from Hairspray. Isaac starts to cough and says, "That [song] make me cough, Mom. Don't do that anymore."
June 2010

Matt, "Isaac do you want to take a bath?"
Isaac is silent and stoned faced.
Matt, "Or do you want to be pounded on?"
Isaac, with a big smile, "YE-AH!"
June 2010

Me, "Isaac, want to go on a car ride to the mountains?"
Isaac, "Yeah! We go see lion, and owl, and cow, and deer, and snake, and tiger. But we need to be careful for the tiger, he will eat your foot and hand."
May 2010

Isaac walking to the car: "Mom, did you hear that? Did you hear that? I tooted, I tooted Mom. Out my bum. It went 'BOAM!' [motioning with hand] out my bum!"
May 2010

Isaac describing thunder and lighting, "Mommy, wook: its SHOOTING!" 
April 2010

Isaac: "No E-i, not 'da da,' it 'pa-ha' [pasta]."
April 2010

Isaac sees my bare, very hairy, legs. While rubbing his hand on my knee he says, "You have lots of owies on your leg."
Me, "The hair?"
Very seriously he responds, "Yeah, we need to get all da hair off your leg Mom."
April 2010

Isaac, "My tummy hurts."
Me, "It does?"
Isaac, "Yeah, my baby in my tummy is kicking me."
April 2010

Isaac, "I have boogers, Mom. I have boogers, Mom."
Me, "You do?"
Isaac, "Yeah, but I eat them."
March 2010

Isaac has been in bed for 45 minutes. Matt and I hear a noise in the hallway. Isaac comes around the corner, bright eyed, with his dinosaur book in his hands, "Mom, Dad, wanna see T-Rex eat meat?" 
February 2010

I explaine to Isaac all about Noah and his ark.
I ask, "What other animals do you think Noah had?"
Isaac answers, "Croc-dile and a T-Rex!"
February 2010

It is 2:30 in the morning and we notice the hall light flip on. Matt goes to check things out. Isaac is curled up on the bathroom floor crying, his eyes sealed shut, saying, "I have pink eye!"
February 2010

Me, "Isaac where do we live?"
Isaac, "Recbird."
Me, "Isaac where do Nana and Mume [grandpa] live?"
Isaac, "Umm... Boi-he State!"
February 2010

I am in the bathroom... you know, using the bathroom... and Isaac runs in. I say, "Isaac could you give me some privacy?!" He then starts to search and says, "Where, behind me? Where, behind me?"
January 2010

Isaac had a terrible fall off of the back of the couch, head first onto hard wood floors. This caused him to pass out. Later that day he tells the story to his aunt: "I fall off da couch. I hit my head, and my eye, and my hand, and my pee, and my bum, and my knee, and my other knee, and my feet!"
January 2010

Isaac chose his shirt, pants, and coat for the day--all in very dark colors. I casually say, "Isaac, you are very black today," referring to the color choices. Isaac then says, "I not black, I yellow. See my face, hands? Yellow."
December 2009

We are barley 30 seconds in house from church, and Isaac is stripping down. Off goes his coat, off goes his sweater, and then he has trouble: "Mom, I need my Nursery Shirt off!" Also known as his White Button-Up Shirt.
December 2009

Isaac gets stage fright while using the restroom,
so I am told frequently: "Mom, dit out my baf-room!"
When flushing to toilet Isaac bids farewell,
saying "Bye pee," or "Bye poo."
November 2009

Isaac is on a major sugar rush. He is running up and down the hallway from the Living Room to the Dinning Room, and back again. Each time he passes in front of us, he jumps and yells, "HUMPBACK WHALE!"
October 2009

Before heading out the door I tell Isaac, "We're going to D.I." (Dessert Industries, it's a thrift store). In the car half way there,
Isaac asks, "Mom, go to A-E-Ah-I-O?"
Me, "Do you mean D.I.?"
Isaac, "Oh yeah! D.I. Mommy!"
September 2009

I am putting Isaac to bed and we discuss everybody who loves him; including friends, my friends, and all the family. Then right before we say goodnight prayer this conversation happened:
Isaac, "Mom, all my friends poop."
Me, "Yes they do."
Isaac, "Eli poops too, Daddy poops too, you poop too."
Me, "Yup, everyone poops."
Isaac, "All your friends poop too?"
Me, "Yes, all of my friends poop too."
Isaac, "Yeah, all your friends poop too."
September 2009

"Our Kids and Their Stories" may run through the whole year. But it probably get too long, so it will most likely be updated every 6 months. Just a reminder the stories go from newest to oldest. 

2 comments:

Caroline said...

enjoyed the stories! John Evan (4) swears that I am not a "girl" just a "mommy"!
He also comes straight home from church wanting to take off his "church shirt"!
Boys are adorable!

Natalie said...

I love that you have been writing all of these great stories about Isaac. So priceless! You sure have 3 adorable boys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...