Sunday, September 12, 2010

T-Shirt!

Okay, now say the title "T-Shirt!" really loud and in a British accent. Go on, no one will really judge you. Growing up me and my sisters had fun talking in a British accent and especially saying "t-shirt." My mother, bless her heart, would try to join the fun. But her British "t-shirt" would come out more like "t-*curse word*." And the best part was that she kept saying it: "t-*curse word,* t-*curse word,* t-*curse word,*" trying to get it right! Great memories, right there. 

Anyway... 
(okay, now say "anyway" really long--especially the "way"--and in a deeper voice. Yes, me and my sisters did that too!)

This summer I have been blessed with lots of wonderful t-shirts. 

Starting with this one, which Matt gave me on Mother's Day. And very much so brought me to tears. 

I love Florida State. I do, I do, I do. BUT there is history with the design. In 6th grade I found this FSU shirt at the thrift store. It was perfect. Fit perfect. I wore that thing out! It started to fall apart my sophomore year of college. I had to retire it in 2008 after I graduated college. Sad times. Buying this for me shows that Matt truly knows my heart. 


The next t-shirt was a gift from my in-laws. They got it for me the weekend I had Titus. It is so awesome! I LOVE Lynyrd Skynyard! Totally grew up with a dad who sang their sweet songs (off pitch, of course) to us girls all the time. 

This t-shirt we found at Old Navy (clearance, baby!). I went to the Final Four NCAA Basketball Championship Game this year, and Duke won. Duke won!! (I'm an ACC girl, if you cannot tell.) I didn't have a Duke shirt, and this fit the bill. 

Oh Chick-Fil-A. How I love thee. This my mom knows, and this mom my bought for me. Great news: Chick-Fil-A is coming to Boise. *Happy Dance!* There is not one Chick-Fil-A store in ALL of Idaho. It is opening at Boise State University... I'll be visiting often. 

I have to tell you, Boise has the best thrift store I have ever been to. Seriously, Savers is the BEST! Clean, organized, and if you bring a bag to donate you get a 20% off coupon on your purchase. This t-shirt, now one of my favs, I got at Savers. Love it. 

It has been wonderful getting these t-shirts. I am loved. 

4 comments:

Dana Scarbrough said...

yay! You are so lucky to get a Chick-fil-A- special special! We ate there the first TWO nights we were here...everyday if the budget and waistline would allow! I'm totally going to buy one of those shirts! I like the Lynyrd Skynyrd shirt too, and especially that they gave it to the new baby mama! lol

Kristina said...

I remember the FSU shirt...that would be about 2005? Holy cow, five years...seriously?! Happy day you got a new one!

Annie said...

LOVE this post. I still can't say t-****. I tried recently and ended up cracking myself up. Enjoyed this special treat of going down memory lane. Love you.

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

Cute! Carlie says "shirt" the way your mom does, and seriously I do a double take every time! I think I have mentioned this before, but I too am a Chik-fil-a lover. Lucy picks that restaurant every year for her birthday and AZ has one on every corner! Good times. . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...