Saturday, September 4, 2010

Preschool and Other Accomplishments

Yes! Isaac has started preschool, but we'll get to that. 

First, Titus--now 2 and a half months old--weighs 12 pounds! And has become a happier baby in this last week. Titus is a gas monster. He can make gas out of nothing. But he does not enjoy this bodily talent of his. In fact I would say he has baby colic. So a huge thanks is in order. Thank you, thank you, Aunt Angie! She gave me a herbal tea to drink that helps make the breast-milk easier for the baby to digest. And, voila


The tea is equal parts Chamomile, Fennel, Catnip, and Peppermint (like an ounce each in a big zip lock bag).  I drink two big mugs of this a day, then a mug after something iffy. I call it my "leaf juice," so Isaac isn't confused about tea and such! (Us Mormons and conventional tea don't mix. Called The Word of Wisdom. If you have questions you can email me at shandud@gmail.com.)
After two days of drinking this Titus' mood greatly improved. Now he still cries, but not endlessly for hours at a time... Hooray! And the past two nights he has gone down at 9pm and woken up around 4 or 5 to eat. Heaven. (He was getting up 3 or 4 times.) I am loving all the smiles!

Eli, almost 17 months old, is finally taking a pacifier. Well, sort of. He steals Titus' and chews and chews on it. Little stinker! Why didn't you take this when you were an infant!  


Isaac's first day of preschool was thursday. 
We started the morning with pancakes. 
The boys were all about helping... mmm... maybe not: 


I was finally able to make some beautifully oval pancakes! 
For some reason mine almost always look like mutant pancakes, that are thick and unflattering. 
But not these pretties: 


After my morning run, we had some Clifford the Big Red Dog cuddle time. Yum! 


Then Isaac was off to school! 


Isaac, almost 4, is in the "Little Class." He'll have two years of preschool before kindergarten. I think this will be good for him. Away big boy time to himself. 
Funny story: We are on our way to his first day of preschool.
Isaac asks, "Mom, are there lots of preschools?"
Me, "Well what do you mean?"
Isaac, "There's my preschool, Daddy's preschool."
Me, "Daddy goes to Boise State, it is a really big school!"
Isaac, "Oh, I didn't know that. I didn't know Boise State had preschool!" 
I love this boy.

Just need to mention that Matt, now 27, has completed two weeks of the MBA program at BSU. So far, so good! He is in the ROTC program too, and yesterday he ran his two mile in 14 minutes and 10 seconds. Crazy! 

And I, Shannon, close to 25, ran 4 miles today! Took me an hour, no joke. But I did it. 

5 comments:

Amy said...

Our Military men are so awesome. Lance ran 4 miles the other day and he said, "Yeah, it took me 35 minutes." and I said, "That takes me an hour!!" LOL. so funny. Your boys are so cute and I LOVE your self-portrait. Does your camera have a timer?

Dana Scarbrough said...

Awesome! I love that Eli decided NOW to get a paci- not his of course! I love morning cartoons,and Isaac looks so grown up on 1st day of school!!! Titus, I miss you little one!!!

Kristina said...

Anders had colic like crazy. I put him on some homeopathic gas drops, Carbo Vegetabilis. They worked pretty well, but I'm glad we don't have gassy kids any more. No fun!

Nate and Kim said...

Sorry about the colic, that doesn't sound fun but glad that the herbal tea seems to be working. Way to go on the four mile run! You are awesome to do that so soon after giving birth. Glad Matt's enjoying his program Nate starts today!

Megs said...

It looks like things are going well, you have a beautiful family of strong healthy boys!! I have my pity party days too, they're totally normal and then we get over it and move on!! But we're blessed to have husbands who help us through it and children who have smiling and cute moments, like your beautiful boys,that help us see how wonderful life can be........until the next pity party!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...