Monday, November 1, 2010

October Rewind

Okay, so, October blew by! Seriously, it went fast. So lets look back at this month, and talk about some things we did. 
 
1) We got a second vehicle! Matt's in love. 
After 5 and a half years of marriage, it was about time to get a second vehicle. Bought from owner. A 1995, V6, sun roofed, Toyota 4Runner! Great condition, lower mileage, and very manly. 

2) We got a nice surprise visit from my grandma! 
Judy Jean is my mother's mother. It was cool to get a visit from a Florida peep. It was her first time seeing Eli and Titus. Thanks for coming, and babysitting, Grandma! 

3) Halloween arrived. Along with pumpkin carving. 
Isaac was very excited! He picked the pumpkin out when on his preschool field trip to a pumpkin patch. He didn't touch the pumpkin insides, and left the dirty work to Matt, but he was very adamant that we should have a "mean face pumpkin."

4) Trick or Treating!
Isaac wanted to be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. So we all went along with the Turtle Power! 
I, Shannon, am Splinter the Rat; Matt is Michelangelo; Isaac is Leonardo; Eli is Raphael; Titus is Donatello. 

Isaac told each of us what we should be. We complied. 
Matt was very happy to be Michelangelo--for that's his favorite Turtle! 



If you're wondering, yes I made these. And yes, it was very hard. (I don't have too much knowledge/skill. Made lots of mistakes. But learned lots too.) 
With the shirts and pants I tried to copy their Old Navy pjs as closely as possible. And the turtle shell I made like a backpack, with a snap on the side so Isaac can take on and off as he pleases.

Isaac loves this thing! As of right now, we are going on day 5 of Leo the Turtle. And I don't see an end in sight. You're only a kid once, right?

That was October! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

The Dudley Bunch said...

Very impressive costumes Shannon...good job

Ila said...

So cute! I am sure you'll be seeing a lot of green around your house for a while to come...what kid wouldn't love that outfit! :) Impressed you made those with 3 little ones running around. When Kate was a baby I made penguin costumes for all of us and that was enough for me! Costumes can be hard work! Great job!!!

Nate and Kim said...

I'm so impressed that you made those costumes Shannon. They look great! We just bought ours from the store. I'm not nearly ambitious enough to make my own.

Dana Scarbrough said...

I love your rewind!

Annie said...

What a great post. You are amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...