Our kids each have their own unique smelly quality, I've noticed. And for the past few days I've been paying close attention. If one sits on my lap, I stick my nose in their neck and take a big, long inhale!
Here are my conclusions:
Isaac smells like peppermint.
Which surprised me. I did not expect that in the least! In fact I was thinking he would be somewhat odorless. He is very particular about what gets on his hands, face, clothing, etc., so he has never really had anything to rub off on him. Maybe this smell happens when plastic (LEGOs), and body meet? Hmm?
I like the peppermint smell. It is a clean, but feisty sent. It suits him!
Eli has a musky quality.
He sweats, a lot. And runs, and plays, and laughs, and cries. Each of these things cause him to sweat! (It's a half a heart thing.) But this musk is edged with some sweetness and saltiness. Any food he touches he rubs on his head and face... milk poured from the cereal bowl is now commonly used as his hair gel! (But today his hair gel was mac-n-cheese sauce. Yum.)
This smell of his makes me laugh. This boy does enjoy life!
Titus is tangy and earthy.
After every meal he is covered in his food. Eye lashes are a donned with carrots, eyebrows are caked with applesauce. Add in milk spit-ups, and dirt from the floor from all the rolling and learning how to crawl, and he has one crazy scent! Needless to say I change his outfit at least twice a day, and for sure a bath at night.
His smell might make some gag, but I love it. This scent is full of discovery!
These are our boys, and these are their smells.
I love 'em.
Smell and all.
2 comments:
LOL. I love the way you write. I can almost smell them myself by the way you describe them.
Shannon, you're a hoot. I'll have to smell my boys so I know what they smell like!
Post a Comment