I've been wanting to do this post for a long time! Are you ready?!
Here it goes:
Compare all 5 of us when we were babies, and see the similarities and differences.
First is Matt. Circa 1983-84 (birth year 1983).
He was a pretty baby, wasn't he? I'm pretty sure he won a "most beautiful baby contest"! Big, beautiful eyes, and long eyelashes. Don't know how old he was in these, but between 4 to 6 months seems like a good range.
And was he a hard baby? According to his mama, yes! (He's also the first child of 4.)
Second, it is I, Shannon! Circa 1986 (birth year 1985).
Feel free to laugh at the wildness! Oh, my hair! Too many calics... My nick name was "Cindy Lou Who," because of the abnormally large eyes. Again, I don't know my ages in these pictures. But 4 to 7 months seems about right.
And was I a hard baby? According to my mama, yes! (I'm also the first child of 3.)
Third is our big boy Isaac. Circa 2007 (birth year 2006).
Look at this little man! So much energy and spunk. The ages in these are: 6 months in the black and white photo, and 9 months in the outdoor one. His hair was absolutely crazy! And that chin of his... wow! He still makes these two faces.
And was he a hard baby? Nope, not really. Just regular new born and baby stuff. He really was a good baby.
Fourth is Mr. Eli. Circa 2009-10 (birth year 2009).
This little boy was so swollen at 6 months old (first picture)! He'd gotten his Glenn Shunt (open heart surgery) at four months, which rerouted his blood flow. It took a bit for his body to get used to the extra pressure. And the second picture is at 9 months old. He is our chunkiest baby, by far!
And was he a hard baby? Loaded question. Not feeling well (heart stuff), made him a bit (VERY) whinny. But because of the heart issues, I didn't really mind or take notice... too much.
And last, but not least, is Titus! Circa 2010-11 (birth year 2010).
Such a little squirt! But don't let that fool you. As soon as he figured out how to move and be mobile on his own, he's been off! Wiggly and squirmy. Always looking for something to get into. The first picture is at 6 months old (Christmas), and this other picture is 8 months old.
And was he a hard baby? YES-ish! Well, at least the first 3 or 4 months all he did was CRY! (Gas pain, you know.) Besides the gas, pretty chill.
And here are some extra pictures of the boys. They are too cute to NOT share!
(Left to right: Titus, 7 months; Eli, 10 months; Isaac, 9 months.)
I see Titus and Matt being very similar. The other two boys being a good mix... but that is just my opinion. And do the boys look alike? Umm... yes? Well, yeah, but still very different.













3 comments:
All three of your boys are beautiful! I will say that Titus and Matt look very much alike. The other two defiantly have your big eyes with Matt's color.
I'm so glad you got to do this finally! The first picture of Isaac is SO adorable! I remember just being in awe of his "angel hair" as I called it. Eli was one of the most beautiful newborns I've seen. Seriously, when I saw him in the hospital (think this post:http://elihasheart.blogspot.com/2010/04/one-year-later.html) I completely melted. Titus has just amazed me with how much he's grown and grown up! I definitely think he looks the most like Matt. I also see a lot of Isaac in the last Titus picture. I think they all have some of you in them, and favor Matt a little more overall. But I would place Eli as your closest match.
Cute family Shannon! Your babies are all so handsome.
Post a Comment