Friday, July 1, 2011

Poem of the Month

Nothing Gold Can Stay
Robert Frost

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

...................

I know it is in the middle of the summer. I know.
This poem really talks about the beginning of spring, and the beauty of spring--how the first glimpse of green is golden, priceless.

But the green that Bama has at this time of year is truly wonderful. I have not been around this much green in a long, long time. Tall green trees. Full, lush grasses. Everything is pretty much covered in something green: moss, fungus, etc. Even the air seems green.
This has been priceless, soothing green.

1 comment:

Dana Scarbrough said...

The kind of green that calls for sunglasses, laying on a blanket, and sipping a nice lemonade! God bless the south!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...