This is going to be a long, long, picture post.
But I think that's okay.
My friend Julie mentioned on her blog that the blog she keeps of her family probably will one day be her favorite book to read, so therefore she'll add as many photos of her children as she wants! Bravo, Julie, bravo!
OH MAN! Last weekend was a lot of fun. Me and the 3 little ones had all recuperated from the nasty bug-flu that went through us, the weather was perfect, and neither me nor Matt had any pressing matters at had. So compared to THIS weekend in which the weather is miserable (cold and rainy); Matt is gone for ROTC's Ranger Challenge Course (he's not participating, just there to help set up); and I pushed me and the boys to do too much yesterday and became a stressed-out Mommy without cheer in her heart; I'd say last weekend was pretty dang fantastic.
(There's still hope for this weekend. I believe the sun is going to come out, Matt will hopefully be home in the afternoon, and Me and Isaac are going to someone's birthday party. Oh, I won't make the boys go forever--like 3 stores and no naps, which I did yesterday.)
So Saturday everyone wanted to dress-up, and then we went out and explored all around the complex. Exploration included
- Finding bugs in a rock pit
- Playing on the playground equipment
- Running up and down a hill
Then Sunday was pretty great too. It was General Conference weekend (a world wide broadcast to all church member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which happens every six months) and boy we tried to help our boys through the 2 hour sessions. Really we did! But after 40 minutes of playing Conference Bingo, coloring Bible pages, and playing with Noah's Ark figures they had enough. We put all their distracting toys away, but still they found mischief.
Like stickers! They loved all the stickers. It kept them entertained while Matt and I were able to listen to the speakers. Then of course they wanted to have races and wrestle! Goodness gracious. Everyone did sit still for President Monson, but I think that was because of the chocolate-chip muffins. Here is some of the fun captured:
Well that was our weekend!
Now that I have gone through all these pictures it gives me hope that we can, really can, make something good happen this weekend. I just need to remember to eat... does anybody else forget to eat, wonder why you're not feeling well, and are totally impatient with everyone around you? I do this way too often. There is so much going on it distracts me eating enough to carry me through the evening.
And did y'all see Eli's chest? It looks great! He's out of the woods when it comes to recovery. Wednesday was 6 weeks since the surgery! He can run into a wall and be just "fine" now. Hooray!





































2 comments:
And you know that wall incident is coming very soon! haha glad conference worked out for ya- I hope you get some sunshine this weekend too! Eli's scar looks great! And yes, even pregnant- in the morning/afternoon I forget to eat until I feel sick or exhausted or irritable. At night I can't stop snacking!
I hope your weekend it better than yesterday. It is gorgeous out there!
Post a Comment