Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Father/Son Campout

Matt's dad, Darren, calls and says, "Let's go on the stake (church) father/son campout with all the boys." Matt says, "Yeah, let's do that!"  And they did.  And it was great!  The boys loved it, even though they woke up cold and freezing in the mountain/hills of Idaho City; and I think Darren and Matt had a great time too.  

They boys slept well, except that Titus didn't get to sleep till after mid-night.  He kept crawling down to the bottom of the sleeping bag and Matt would have to scoop him out.  He kept blowing on Matt's face and Matt would have to stop him.  On and on and on it seemed, till Matt handed Titus Eli's blanket and Titus went right to sleep.  (Titus' beloved blank-ee was left in Boise.  Poor thing didn't know how to sleep without it!)

I had a great evening to myself, though at first I didn't know what to do!  So I went to Deanne's (mom-in-law) piano recital for her students, then headed over to Goodwill and found a sweet shirt and shorts.  Deanne called while I was out and we decided to go see a cheap theater movie, the Three Stooges.

Anyway, good weekend.  Memories made!
























2 comments:

Kristina said...

Our father's and sons' outing is next weekend. The boys are pretty excited about it. I still get to keep one home, though. I don't think Oliver would let anyone get much sleep since he is still nursing. :)

Christi said...

Good thing they had that lightsaber just in case any bears came around! And whoa I remember how cold it got camping at night in Idaho. One night Kristen and I shared a tent and woke up in a warm embrace..hahah...I guess we just naturally went to where the warmth was!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...