Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Getting Ready

For our first epic move.  (I'm sure there are going to be plenty of cross country/trans national moves in our future).

We sold our van on Monday and we are down to one vehicle, the '95 4runner.  Why, oh why, sell the van?  I honestly was not a fan of it anyway, and to sell it was what I have been yearning for anyway.  I was actually surprised how little I liked having a van.  Maybe because ours was a 2004 Kia and didn't hold to same status symbol as a Honda or Toyota.  But really I hated not being able to park easily, drive easily, and not being able to hear Isaac way in the back.  All the carseats are in the 4runner on the bench right behind me.  I love having all the boys within arms reach, and being able to hear the all speak.

The real reason we sold the van is because we are moving in June and using the 4runner as our main vehicle to haul our trailer.  It can tow up to 5,000 pounds and already has a hitch.  Sweet.  And the Kia and the 4runner have the same gas efficiency.

We had 4 interest buyers, and 3 people came by.  The third gave us an offer that covered everything we needed it to.  And now our car insurance is only like 17 bucks a month!  Even sweeter.


Now to start packing!




3 comments:

Kristina said...

Good luck with the move! We were a one vehicle family until we had a Ford Focus and a motorcycle given to us. I think I prefer having only one car. It makes things less complicated.

Dana Scarbrough said...

I'm such a fan of this post! I'm holding out for a Toyota- hopefully another 4-runner before we upgrade. Having one car has definite perks- especially when it comes to moving! So glad you sold the Kia easily!

Amy said...

Are you going to have movers?? BEST part of a military move.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...