I sent Matt to the store yesterday to pick up some milk, butter, cereal; basically the essentials to last us for the few weeks remaining in Idaho.
When he came home I opened up the bag and saw salt.
Me, "Salt? What?! Why would you buy salt?"
Matt, "Because we are almost out."
I bring down the old container of salt, shake it, and estimate that there is at least a 1/4 inch of salt covering the bottom (not to mention the shaker filled with salt).
"Matt," I impatiently say, "why would you buy salt?! This container that we have has lasted our whole marriage!"
Matt frustratingly says, "Well, sorry! It was only a dollar!"
Don't worry, we made up later that night.
This morning I come down and see the new container of salt on the countertop, with these words written in crayon:
Oh love and marriage, you guys are awesome.
It's things like this that make me believe that Matt and I will make it, and be totally okay for 20, 30, 40+ years.
I'll let you guys know when we do run out of our new container. Look for the salt update in 7 years!

.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Hilarious! I totally get it though, when you are trying to get rid of everything in your kitchen and he brings home salt that will last forever it is like "ahhh!" But to his defense, it is such a guy thing to do, Alex would do the same thing!
Post a Comment