- People were very friendly
- Homes looked taken care of
- Kids, of many races, played together on bikes
During the discussion with two women who lived in "the projects," whom we were visiting and teaching, I learned this about them:
- The two women worked full time as housekeepers at a hospital
- Their children were groomed and taken care of
- They had long term relationships with their significant others, which were also the fathers of the children
- They had dreams and aspirations--one being to open a restaurant
- One woman attended business school
- This same woman offered homemade treats to the neighborhood children for a $1 per treat
- They taught their children, invested in learning tools (Your Baby Can Read), and had them attend preschools
................................
What I have been pondering, for my own self:
St. Matthew, chapter 7: 1-5
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Mk. 4.24
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
2 comments:
I love this post.
Thanks for the reminder
Miss you
Shannon, you are so awesome! I just love reading your blog. I learn so much from you.
Post a Comment