Monday, July 16, 2012

Picture Our Home: "Boise Townhome"

Okay. I never got around to finishing the "Boise Townhome" series.  We changed computers around Christmas time, and all the "townhome" pictures were left on the old computer--which is very difficult to start up and keep running (thanks Eli, for dropping it on the ground... more than one time).

I still don't have the good copies from the old computer, but I do have some copies that I put on Facebook.  I'm not sure of the quality, but at least it'll be documented once and for all! 

Things I didn't get photographed (blam it!):
- The outside
- Kitchen
- Boys' room
- Mine and Matt's bathroom
- TV area
- Hallways and staircase

Again, I'm doing this series NOT because I think I'm awesome, but because we move a lot and I'd like to remember each of our homes... for better or worse.  I do NOT believe I am that great of a decorator.  However I do enjoy design, and I try to the best of my ability to make our homes look their best. 

I tried to take a picture of these spaces when they were put together and lovely.  I'd like to think our home looked this way all the time.  That, though, is a big "NOT!!"  I also liked taking these pictures because it made me brush up on my photo/camera knowledge.  Photographing spaces and architecture is no joke, and pretty frustrating.


The living room, looking down from the stair case.  I made those curtains... love me some clearance fabric.

The living room, looking from the kitchen.  When this space was clean and calm, it was my favorite in the house.

The chair was clearance from Ashley's Furniture.  The door was a garage sale find from our Rexburg Days, and the book case from a thrift store--also during our Rexburg Days.

Downstairs half bath.
I seriously love that moose.  I found it at a thrift store in Boise (notice a trend?).  It was a very ugly with "Alaska" stamped on it.  I spray painted it gold.


Mine and Matt's bedroom.

Headboard made from a door (also from the garage sale from our Rexburg Days. Two solid doors for only 5 bucks!) Side tables from a thrift store in Boise, painted.  Lamps from Target. Bedding from Target and my friend Christi.






 The boys' bathroom. We made the measuring stick.  I got the idea to hook a laundry basket on the wall from IKEA magazine.  Curtain and rug from Target. 


That was our home for less than a year!  It was a good one, too.  I kind of think of it as my "healing" home.  The previous year was extremely frustrating, and our living situation was a big part of that.  I really tired to make this house look and seem happy.  It may look a bit childish and whimsical, but that's what I needed. 

I have ideas for our next place, and I'm so excited to begin!  That's the beauty of moving--I get to reinvent my surroundings constantly.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I personally think you are an amazing decorator. I look at your living room and think, "Man, I wish I had that kind of creativity!"

Christi said...

I remember how much I loved that door when we lived in Rexburg. I also like the moose a lot as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...