Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Just the 4 of Us

And we're making it work!  Once we got home--to Georgia--the boys were totally, and completely, enamored with their toys.  They hadn't seen them in over 2 months!  It was like the calmest and most peaceful time in my mothering life.  All the boys were quiet, played well together, and hardly needed a thing from me.  Personal toy starvation works!

It's been pretty muggy and rainy here in Georgia.  So we haven't had that much outside time, so we try to squeeze it in whenever possible.
We have gone to the beach once since being here.  A new beach, and it was awesome.  We had to cross a tidal creek to get to it, and when we arrived the creek was just inches.  But when we left (and the tide was coming in) the creek was almost to my waist, and at the necks of the two littles'.  I think it would be fantastic place to visit when Matt comes home.  It's one of those beaches that isn't too popular with the tourist crowds, so it's never crowded.  And it's very shallow--forever!  The boys can go out for a long ways (which is terrifying for me, but i try and put on a brave face).

This is the only beach pic we got.  We played hard for 2 hours then the heavens opened and the buckets poured.
Imagine us running with our bags across the beach to the car--having to head straight into the tidal creek up to the boys' neck--all while raining on us.  Epic.

PS, we don't have a day, nor a month, but the countdown continues till Matt comes home!  2 to 3 more months, people!  


Doctors office time.  Had to pick up some medication, immunization records, and Titus had to get two shots.  Of course the boys were dressed up.  




Eli got tired of waiting and decided to sleep. 

It's amazing how much these boys eat.  There were over 50 chocolate spinach muffins in that bag at the beginning of the day, and at the end there were 4.   Pooped for days. 


Titus refused to wear clothing for a whole day.  Or two. 
 Wrestling night!  Seems to be the theme every for every Sunday evening.





Being the oldest of girls, I've come to realize that brothers do things better than sisters.
Communal Toilet Time for instance.  

4 comments:

Melissa said...

yaaa for Matt being home soon and the boys eating so much they poop crazy and peeing together!!
Yaaa for a beach too.
Jealous!!

Kristina said...

I'm gad Matt will be home soon. You are one amazing woman! I wish I could go to the beach. It sounds wonderful.

Natalie said...

So glad Matt will be home soon! Keep going strong mama!

Sarah said...

Well, my dear. I've been thinking about you and wondering about your lovely little life. You are amazing! I think, I hope that all the sacrifice of raising these crazy little kids is worth it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...