Oh my word. I cannot describe the exhaustion felt that night.
After eating lasagna with the family still in Bama, me and the boys stumbled into the hotel. A different hotel, so I needed to check-in. For myself and my sister and parents who would come in after me. I don't know if you guys have ever talked to me while I'm tired, but it's hilarious. I can't make thoughts, I can barely function. The people at the front desk kept asking me question, "Do you want to check-in for everyone? Do you want both keys?" etc. Apparently I didn't handle the questions very, cause when my sister came in after me, like 10 minutes, the front desk people said, "You need to go check on your sister."
I was able to get the boys down, after the boys reenacted a funny moment that Eli did a few months back in the same type of hotel room. Eli had thought that the hall goes forever, instead his whole body was met with a mirror! Imagine a little 4 year old running happily then smashing into a solid wall. It shocked everyone, and made Isaac laugh hysterically. So this reenactment of this event was done over and over and over again, by each boy. They all came laughing to me, each having a red mark on their forehead (from all the smashing into the mirrored wall).
We all slept great that night. Then in the morning we had breakfast, watched a documentary on bats, and then headed back to my parents' home. It had to be put back together, and family was still around--we must hang out!
I was planning on leaving that Sunday to go back to GA, but I ended up staying on Sunday and leaving Monday (Isaac had started school already).
It was great hanging out with family! My boys sure do love their cousin Luke, and all the family around!

No comments:
Post a Comment