Friday, August 30, 2013

Madison and Spencer :: Wedding Day + Open House

So these are all the photos that I took with our DSLR (or I had other people take with my phone).  When I look through the photographer's photos, I may be able to post some on the blog.  Not sure of the rights to do that, though.  But I know there are some I'd love to share, those that are my family, my sisters, etc.

But for now, here are mine!  I had a lot of fun dusting off the ol' DSLR and snapping pictures.  But boy, oh boy.  It was an Alabama August day in all it's glory!  Partly cloudy, with a lot of heat, and a ton of humidity.  But overall, we survived, and it was actually a really fantastic day.


Of course me and the boys started off the day early, causing me to take them to the pool at 6:30 in the morning so they wouldn't disturb the whole sleeping wedding party.  (We stayed in a hotel, since my parents' home was the place of the open house.)





Madison and Spencer were sealed in the Alabama Birmingham Temple around 12pm, and the ceremony was so sweet.  An old family friend was over the sealing, and it was wonderful to have his personal touch to the event.  Though he kept referring to the couple in Madison's maiden name, not the Spencer's last name!  My dad went a gently reminded him the correct name, and it was so sweet and fun.

Pictures were taken right afterward, and we all about melted.  But lunch was served to the wedding party at the small branch building across the street, which help elevate the heat!   And my dad and I uploaded the pictures I had taken and 1 hour photo printed a pic to a Wal-Mart near my  parents' house.  This said photo was then shown in a photo collage at the Open House.




All the cousins, plus a transformer.


The groom and the groomsmen wore Vans, so the boys cousins wore Vans or Van-like shoes.
(Madison also wore gray Vans.)





Picture printed for the 1 hour photo, and shown at the Open House








The Open House was held at my parents' home.  It was gorgeous!  They had basically removed all the beds, dressers, couches, and filled the home with old antique chair, tables with white table cloths, and flowers.  Gorgeous!  Seriously.  The heat was there, and mostly bearable.  It's August in Bama, whatcha gonna do?!  My parents' home was built in 1873, and though central heat and air have been added, it can still get a little sticky with a 100 people present!

And just a funny story that happened during the Open House.  Apparently Titus got naked in the bathroom and demanded to take a bath.  So my mom gave him one!  What in the world?!







































And then Madison and Spencer left for their cruise.  (So jealous, right?!)  While the photographer was taking pictures of me and the boys, I had a friend jump behind with my phone and snap some pictures too.  I'm actually really happy with how they turned out!  Can't wait to see the photographer's prints.  Hooray for good pictures!




Me, my parents, and the boys.
A little sunburst coming in.  Pretty cool.


1 comment:

Dana Scarbrough said...

fabulous- can I have my 50th anniversary at their house too? hahaha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...