Thursday, February 6, 2014

It's Been Some Kind of Day

Lemme just tell you, I was ready for a nap at 10:30 and call it quits.
Traffic to get to Home Depot is crazy long (had to get a air-vent filter), Titus is whinny in Target, story time at the library is fun but long, and the soft play-area in the mall is filled with screaming children.  "Just let me and Titus get home and watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, please!!"

This, however, did NOT happen.

Instead I am able to schedule a same-day dentist appointment for Isaac who needs to get a sore looked at (the said sore has been bothering him for days… thought it would be better safe than sorry).
So Titus and I rushed home from the mall's soft play area, are able to get home and get something quick to eat, then go to the schools check out Isaac and Eli.  Isaac's appointment is at 2pm, and I am able to find a sitter for the two littles.

I haven't been too concerned with Isaac's sore, cause he really didn't complain about it much.  And when I look at it before going to the appointment I actually thought it had disappeared:  swelling gone, white areas gone, no longer any pain.   But the dentist takes one look, orders a simple x-ray, and pronounces an abscess.

Abscess:  basically infected tissue on the body.  

Isaac's abscess is in and around the gum line on a baby tooth which had had a filling a year ago.  This tooth apparently died, then got infected.  Pretty concerning since the enamel of adult tooth about to come in could be affected by the abscess.

The dentist's office calls a specialized pediatric dentist in Savannah and they say, "Yup, send him over… we have an appointment open at 3:30."  Okay… So Basically that means I have less than an hour to go get my boys, get snacks packed, and get us all back into Savannah and on time to the appointment.   **ALSO Isaac would probably have his tooth removed at this appointment, too.**

So I'm able to do what I need to do to get us all back into Savannah.  We survive the trip.  And Isaac is seen fairly quickly.  I'm told that the infection is pretty bad and he will be having his tooth removed.  Isaac at this time is pretty worried.  He's not talking, but there are tears in his eyes.  I keep reminding him of his previous dentist appointment--getting his fillings, getting his tooth cap, "Do you remember anything bad from those appointments?"  I ask.
"No," he says.
"Isaac, you're going to be okay.  You are not going to feel any pain, just like before."
Seems to help.

Isaac, sitting worried in the waiting room.
Yes, they're all wearing camo shirt… just can't fight it some days. 

He's called back, and I stay in the waiting area with the two littles.  (They are entertained by Despicable Me 2.)  30 minutes later Isaac is finished!  Happy and with a face half numb!

We start are journey back to home.  Of course we need to stop to get food, since I didn't have that much food on us.  So we do a drive-thru at Chick-Fil-A (the Beyonce of fast food).   Isaac doesn't eat much, just kind of munches on soft waffle fries.  Mainly the boys are thirsty, and down their drinks.

In the rush-hour traffic we slowly make it back home.  Stop and go traffic for a good 40 minutes before the flow goes to normal speeds.  I guess the one good thing about slow traffic is the ability of the boys to unbuckle, pull their pants down, and pee into empty cups.  Because that happens.  Often.

We make it home, even before Matt gets home.  I had a moment of almost complete freak out when a cup full of pee spills in the center console!  However it all caught in the removable cup holder, so it was a quick clean up.

Once Matt is home the next hour and half is filled with play and food and drinks and cleaning up and bedtime.


Can I just say, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…..hhh..h…. h..."  So tired.  What a day.
I'm just gonna stay in my pjs tomorrow.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...