Saturday, August 7, 2010

Eli Is:

First, Eli is a story lover. He has really fallen for the written word. For him any moment is story time. 



Second, Eli is a helper. Open up the dish washer and he is there! Taking out the silverware and putting them in special places, oh like cups on the ground, is his specialty. That said, two days ago I was folding clothes on our bed. Eli is watching, thinking. He grabs a shirt, waddles over to our dresser, opens a drawer, then puts the shirt into the drawer. This is repeated three or four times.

Third, Eli is a pooper. Yesterday me and Matt were preparing to have some friends over for dinner. Their expected time of arrival was 6:30. At 5 I put Eli in his high chair to get him out of the way and let him snack on some watermelon. Around 5:30 Matt goes over to Eli and asks me, "Is Eli playing in poop?!" 
My response, "Um no, I gave him watermelon. That's why he's all wet."
Matt, "But he smells like poop... Oh! He is covered in poop!! It's all over the place!!"
Yes, Eli, had a blow out poop. Up the whole high chair, and all over the shirt and pants. And Eli had started to play in this poop. Rubbing it in his hair, face, shirt and all over the highchair tray. Fabulous! Matt reluctantly got Eli out of the chair (Matt's not one for yucky messes), and gave him a bath. And I ran around trying to everything else together for the company. Thank you Eli, you made our night!

................

Sometimes I feel like me and Eli don't get enough one on one time. I love this lil guy. Today I took him on a run with me. Just him in the stroller. He loved it. He loves life, as he should. 

And I don't know why, but I was just looking at Eli's tummy, seeing all of his surgery scars... and it is just hard to handle. Typically I don't even notice them. But today they are screaming at me, reminding me of all the pain and hardship he has had to go through. Oh Eli, you crazy lovable boy! You are one special child. 

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Now that I am a mom I have realized how incredibly strong you are. I could hardly handle Luke getting his foot pricked yesterday. You're a great example to me and I love you.

Kristina said...

Ah, playing in poop. Isn't that a given for kids? I know I've caught my kids doing it. You are one awesome mom. Shannon!

Dana Scarbrough said...

I love little Eli so much. Lovable children, they ALWAYS seem to pick right before company comes to smear poop all through their room with toy power tools huh??? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...